Question about HP Broadcom NetXtreme Network Adapter
When trying to load cable installed CD...getting "connection not present" error message
Make sure the light on your cable modem that represents your connection to the computer (it might be marked LAN, Ethernet, or PC) is lit up and isn't flashing. The light will tell you if your network card is properly connected to the cable modem.
If the light isn't on, make sure you've connected the wire to the right port on the cable modem, and try restarting the cable modem by unplugging it, wait 30 seconds, and plug it back in.
If it still doesn't work after that, contact your Internet provider. Their technical support department can help you get it set up.
Posted on Dec 10, 2007
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 24, 2013 | Compaq Presario-Notebook 700 Series, 2500...
Oct 24, 2012 | Dell Inspiron E1505 Notebook
1) Install the network adapter on the printer, if necessary. Many wireless printers have the adapter pre-installed, but if this isn't the case, turn off and unplug the printer. Then, remove the back cover on the adapter slot and place the adapter into the slot.
2) Plug in and turn on the printer. Then, insert the drivers CD that came with the printer into the CD drive of the computer. If you've misplaced the CD, the drivers can be downloaded from the website of the printer's manufacturer.
3) Configure the network adapter. Once the drivers installation has loaded, select "Using a wireless network" and then select "Next". Usually, there is a User Agreement at this point, to which you will agree and press "Next".
4) Connect the laptop to the printer using a USB cable. Connect one end into the USB port on the back of the printer and the other end to a free USB port on the computer.
5) Finish configuring the network adapter. After connecting the laptop and printer with the USB cable, select "Create or modify the printer's wireless settings" and then click "Next".
6) Connect the printer to a wireless network. The wireless setup utility will automatically open after the adapter has been configured. Find your wireless network in the "Wireless networks found in your area" and select "Next". Then verify this information on the next screen.
7) Connect the laptop to the printer through the wireless network. Now, disconnect the USB cable. Make sure that both the laptop and printer are connected to your network. If they are, you're now set up.
Aug 05, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Mar 01, 2010 | HP Pavilion a1610n PC Desktop
Feb 07, 2010 | D-Link DES 1005 Ethernet Switch
Nov 05, 2009 | Linksys (WIFIDESKTOP) Wireless Adapter
Jun 14, 2009 | Juniper Networks IDP Upgrade Kit for ISG...
331 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: