How To Enable File And Printer Sharing In XP, Vista, and 7
Verify File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks is Installed by following these instructions for your particular OS:
1. Log in as the administrator or as an account that has administrator capabilities.
2. Open the Control Panel and click Network And Internet Connections.
3. Below "Pick A Control Panel" Icon, click "Network Setup Wizard."
4. On the Welcome screen that displays, click Next and then click Next again. The wizard displays the Select A Connection Method dialog box.
5. If your host computer connects to the Internet through a residential gateway like a router, access point, or base station, select the second option and click Next.
6. The following prompt is for your computer’s description and name. Accept the default answers and click Next. Do the same for the Workgroup Name prompt.
7. On the File And Printer Sharing screen, select the Turn On File And Printer Sharing radio button and click Next.
8. When the process is complete, the You’re Almost Done dialog box displays.
9. Select Just Finish The Wizard; I Don’t Need To Run The Wizard On Other Computers and click Next.
1. Click Start, right-click Network, and then click Properties.
2. In the Network and Sharing Center window, under Sharing and Discovery, click the down arrow next to File sharing.
3. Within the File sharing settings, click Turn on file sharing, and then click Apply.
4. Next, click the down arrow next to Printer sharing.
5. Within the Printer sharing settings, click Turn on printer sharing, and then click Apply.
1. Click Start, open up Control Panel, then click on Network and Internet, then click on Network and Sharing Center.
2. In the Network and Sharing Center window, click on Change advanced sharing settings.
3. In the Advanced Sharing Settings window, you will need to change the settings for the Home or Work, and Public profiles.
4. Turn on File and Printer Sharing for both Home or Work, and Public profiles.
5. Click Save Changes and close this window.
on Jul 14, 2010 | Operating Systems