Had the Printer running as a network sharing other computers. I now wanted to go solo and disconnected the printer from the network cable and got a USB cable to run from the printer to computer. I went into the HP website to download the installation and have nothing but failures up to now. Keeps on asking me to connect the printer to the computer and put the power on, which it is.
Please could u help me to get this problem sorted out.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Go here and download the North American full printing solution. This is exactly the same as having the CD and will self install the printer when it runs, just make sure the printer is disconnected when you start the install. Or you can just download the driver and then point the install to the driver file.
YOUR PRINTER IS NOT SHARED ON THE NETWORK FIRST GO TO THAT COMPUTER WHERE IT IS INSTALLED AND GO TO "PRINTER AND FAX" OPTION RIGHT CLICK ON 1320N PRINTER THEN SELECT PROPERTY THEN SELECT SHARE OPTION AND CHECK THE OPTION "SHARE THIS PRINTER".
If this model HP does not have an expansion slot for a HP Jetdirect Print server, then to use this printer on your network you have two options. 1. Connect the printer to a desktop computer on your network and set it uo as a shared printer. This means this computer and printer needs to be powered up for the other computer on your network to print to the shared printer. 2. Connect the printer to a print server that is connected to your network.
Go to your network and sharing center. Choose homegroup and sharing options. Change advanced sharing settings. Under your home or work profile, scroll down to file sharing connections. Switch to enable file sharing for devices that use 40 or 56 bit encryption. If that does not work, under password protected sharing, select "turn off password protected sharing". This is not recommended if you use your computer in multiple locations (laptop). I have found that turning all of these features off, running a scan from the printer successfully and then turning them back on, Windows seems to be comfortable allowing the printer to connect to the computer.
If you are sure the network is working well (computers can see each other but your laptop doesn't see the printer). Got to network places/view workgroup computers. Double click on the computer directly connected to the printer. This will bring up all shared folders and the printer icon (if it is shared). Double click on the printer icon, and it will commence automatic installation on your laptop. Try this.
You need to disconnect the USB cable and set it up wireless on both units:
Since it is plugged into the router, it should already have an IP address. Un-install the printer from the computers.
Then re-install the printer from the cd or from HP's website. When you get to the point where it ask you is the printer is attached to the computer or is it over the network. Choose over the net work and the software will find the printer IP and finish setting it up wireless.
If I could be of further assistance, let me know. If this helps or solves the issue, please rate it. Thanks, Joe
1. Go to the computer where the printer is attached or connected. Go to Printer and Faxes under XP, right click on your printer icon, then click on share. On the same computer, click on Start then click on run. Type in cmd then click on OK. On the black window or command prompt, type in ipconfig then press enter. Take note of the IP address.
2. Go to a computer that you want to print on the printer. Click on start then click on run. type in \\IP address of the computer where the printer is attached. For example: On the run box type in \\192.168.1.2 the click on OK. You will see there a window and you can see there the printer that is attached to that computer. Just right click on it then click on Connect.