- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
in the manual it says
Turn on the MP3 Player by holding the PLAY/PAUSE button.
2. Take the USB Cord and plug the corresponding ends into the MP3 Player and a Computer.
3. When connected the LCD Display will either say “USB” or “MTP”.
4. Press the “M” (mode) button to switch between “USB” and “MTP” mode.
“MTP” mode will only work, when your player is connected to Microsoft® Windows® XP and Windows® Media Player 10.
The MP3 Player will only work in “USB” mode when it is connected to Windows® 98SE, ME, or 2000 Professional.
is this helpful.Take your time sometimes these things don't work because you've missed out one step so go slow and try it two or three times before you give up
1. Turn on the MP3 Player by holding the PLAY/PAUSE button. 2. Take the USB Cord and plug the corresponding ends into the MP3 Player and a Computer. 3. When connected the LCD Display will either say “USB” or “MTP”. 4. Press the “M” (mode) button to switch between “USB” and “MTP” mode. “MTP” mode will only work, when your player is connected to Microsoft ® Windows® XP and Windows® Media Player 10. The MP3 Player will only work in “USB” mode when it is connected to Windows® 98SE, ME, or 2000 Professional.
1. Start Windows Media Player 9 and connect the MP3 Player to your computer. 2. Click “Copy to CD or Device”. 3. In the drop-down list, on the “Items to Copy” pane, click the play list, category, or other item that you want to copy. 4. Clear the check boxes next to any files you do not want to copy. 5. In the drop-down list, on the “Items to Copy” pane, click the device that you want to copy files to. 6. Click the ‘Copy’ button. 7. Repeat steps 2-5 for any other items that you want to copy to your unit.
1. Start Windows Media Player 10 and connect the unit to your computer. On your player’s display it should say ‘MTP’. If not, then while the unit is connected press the ‘M’ (mode) button to change from ‘USB’ to ‘MTP’ mode. 2. If you have not set up synchronization between your computer and this device, the Device Setup Wizard starts. In the Device Setup Wizard, select Manual. 3. Click Finish. 4. Select Library option. On the right pane select Sync List. 5. From the left pane you can select the Play list or Library and you will see the content songs in the center pane. 6. Select the songs from the center pane, drag and add them to the Sync List. 7. Click the ‘Start Sync’ button in the Sync List pane. 8. Repeat steps 4-7 for any other items that you want to copy to your unit.
There are two connection settings in USB: MTP and MSC. For some reason MTP is the default, but it doesn't connect properly on all computers. Select MSC and plug the player in again, the computer will recognize sansa e250 but not show the driver just yet. It is installing recognition software (just basic drivers - nothing heavy) and it doesnt tell you what its doing until its complete. WAIT FOR IT. Once it is complete you will see both the sansa e250 and the removable memory slot in your "my computer" now you're good to go.
MTP stands for Media Transfer Protocol. If you did not run your installation CD BEFORE plugging the mp3 player into the computer, Windows XP and higher will read it as an MTP Device. As long as the player does not cause you problems, there is nothing wrong with your computer calling it that. If this is a problem: unplug the mp3 player from the computer, uninstall all software for that player, restart computer, reinstall allsoftware from installation CD, restart computer, then plug mp3 player into computer. Good luck!
With regards to this issue, I would suggest you to download windows update since samsung MTP devices are generic driver loaded by microsoft. Then after you have downloaded the windows update press and hold the play button of your device while you are connecting it to your computer, if this is successful a Found new hardware message will pop up on your screen then just follow the on screen instruction on how to install your device.
Hope this helps. PEACE!
Hi I am having a problem to with the MTP device. Bottom right corner of my screen has the window that says found new hardware...MTP device. I can not close out the window because it keeps coming back. Then I hear this like bubble sound when it's on the screen. Any suggestions? I think its for my new phone that I downloaded on the laptop. I am going to uninstall it and reinstall it and see what happens. Any other suggestions please let me know thanks...