Question about Canon Pixma iP6000D InkJet Photo Printer
Examine there are no problems with the power cord, cut or bent. Try another power cord. Take it back to the store and have them exchange it or test it. They'll do that for free.
Simply put, it's either the cord or the power box in the back. There is no real trivial fix with this. Either the power works, or it doesn't. Of course.
Posted on Dec 06, 2007
If it is not getting any power at all, only one of three things: cord is fried/dead; could be the outlet, try something else in the same socket; or, the board in the printer is dead.
1. Press the POWER button to power on the printer The device has a <POWER> button.
Connect the power cord from the printer to the electrical source.
Press the <POWER> button.
Wait until the device has completed its cycling process before submitting a print request or completing installation.
2. Disconnect and Reconnect AC power adapter or power cord to the device and electrical source
For toll-free technical support, please call 1 (800) 828-4040 during regular business hours (currently Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 midnight. EST, Saturday 10:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m., excluding holidays).
5. Try a different electrical source / outlet
this will surely fix your problem..
Posted on Dec 06, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
Apr 13, 2016 | HP Printers & Copiers
Jan 30, 2008 | HP LaserJet 1020 Printer
Nov 23, 2013 | HP Photosmart C7280 Printer
Mar 28, 2011 | HP Officejet 6500 Wireless All-in-One...
May 16, 2010 | HP PhotoSmart C4480 All-in-One Printer ...
Aug 08, 2009 | HP Photosmart 8250 InkJet Printer
Dec 14, 2008 | Dell 926 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Sep 22, 2008 | HP DeskJet 5550 InkJet Printer
That flashing pattern is consistent with a stuck carriage. Here is a copy/paste from HP concerning the 5000 series and your flashing lights.
The print cartridge carriage is stuck.
1. Open the top access door on the printer.
2. Remove the ink cartridges.
3. Close the cartridge flaps after removing the ink cartridges.
4. Turn the printer off, then on again.
5. Replace the ink cartridges.
6. Close the top access door. Issue
The Resume light continues to blink after the cartridges are released.
The carriage is stuck or makes a grinding noise.
1. Lift the top cover to the printer.
2. Turn the printer off and then on again.
3. Unplug the power cord from the back of the printer when the grinding noise starts. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
4. Move the carriage towards the middle of the printer (this procedure may take a couple of tries to get the timing correct).
5. Take out the cartridges and close the top cover.
6. Reconnect the power cord to the back of the printer. Plug the power cord to the wall outlet.
7. Open the top cover, reinstall the cartridges, and then close the top cover.
Oct 23, 2007 | HP DeskJet 5550 InkJet Printer
Apr 22, 2014 | Canon Pixma iP6000D InkJet Photo Printer
860 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: