Question about Sony KP-53HS10 TV
You probably just have dust build up on the lenses. You can remove the lower back (with the set unplugged) and once you have that done you now have access to clean the lenses using a soft cloth and wipe them down. Don't adjust the lenses as you will spend more time correcting a problem that you create by doing so. Good luck..
Posted on Dec 06, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 13, 2011 | Sony FD Trinitron WEGA KV-36HS510 36" TV
Oct 30, 2009 | Sony KP-53HS10 TV
May 25, 2009 | Standard (CRT) Televisions
Dec 12, 2008 | Sony KP-53HS10 TV
You have a problem with the three factors, and they are screen voltage, focus voltage, and control (focus 2) voltage. Basically these voltages have to be adjusted since the components in this section have aged some. These controls are usually located in the television on the IHVT (Integrated High Voltage Transformer) or as it is also called the flyback transformer. these controls must be adjusted together, along with the color controls. Here is how the adjustment is done (You will need a schematic diagram, a DC volt meter, and a color bar generator to do these measurments):
1) turn color and tint fully counter clockwise until you have a black and white picture.
2) connect the color bar generator to the TV (ch 3) and turn it on, you should see bars in various shades of gray
3) adjust as best as possible the color and tint controls to obtain the color bars on the screen Red Green Blue.
4) measure the voltages on the focus, screen and control grids of the CRT and match them to the schematic digram measurements.
5) adjust the focus screen and control grids to match the ones on the schematic diagram
6) once this is done then you adjust the color controls once again to obtain the red green and blue bars on the TV screen.
This should help if the CRT (picture tube) electron guns are still good and if the flyback transformer voltage supply is working.
However if you do not have a background in electronics please take the TV to a shop for repairs.
I hope this helps,
Oct 16, 2007 | Sony KV-20M20 20" TV
Sep 20, 2007 | Akai CF2791 27" TV
Sep 07, 2007 | Toshiba 36A40 36" TV
Mar 31, 2007 | Zenith Z25X22S 25" TV
136 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!