Fi-4120c2 error Code
The scanner does self-diagnostic when receiving Read Command (to start scanning) and displays the result if any error or alarm is detected.
Error code-E3 in Fi-4120c2 scanner means "Light intensity check" . When this error is displayed on the scanner panel, TWAIN displays the following error-
" Irregular status is detected in scanner. If this status recurs after power cycling, please give following Sense key and ASC code to your service provider.
If ASC code is the following, please confirm following status before power cycling’
- When ASC=0x580, confirm if the shipping lock (if any) is set at “Release” position.
- When ASC=0x680, clean the sheet guide (white part) in ADF.
(Error Code DS42001)
E3 explains Optical alarm (back). This alarm occurs if the gain adjustment of the CCD amplifier does not succeed at a READ command for the first document, or during scanning.
- The lamp, the optical system or white sheet guide is dirty.
- Defective lamp or CCD.
- Connector disconnected
To check and resolve the issue, lease follow the steps provided below:
1. Is sheet guide (white part) in the reading position dirty?
#Open the ADF and clean the sheet guide (white part) and the glass.
2. Is the lamp ON?
3. Are the cables damaged?
4. Are the connectors connected correctly?
#Disconnect SCSI cable and turn the scanner ON. Open the ADF and press Cover open sensor to see if the lamp lights. If not, the error is caused by the defective lamp.
5. Is the optical unit dirty?
6. Are the cables damaged?
7. Are the connectors connected correctly?
# Check and Clean (ADF back):
# Check if inside of the grass for Upper unit ASSY is dirty. Clean inside of the glass of the dust cover.
9. If the issue still persists, then you may have to replace Optical unit.
Hope the above information will be helpful.
Please revert if you have further queries.
Thanks & regards,
Oct 08, 2008 |
Fujitsu fi-4120C Path-Through Scanner