Hi, the wireless light will not lit up if it has been disabled on the configuration or the router has been reset in the past. The only way to get the wifi working is by reconfiguring it. Please perform the steps below to reset and reconfigure the router:
1. Connect a Ethernet cable from the modem to the WAN port of the router(isolated port).
2. Connect the computer to the router using any one of the 4 available ports. Please make sure that THERE IS NO DIRECT CONNECTION BETWEEN THE MODEM AND THE COMPUTERS (either using Ethernet cable or USB cable).
3. Power off the modem and the router after making the connections.
4. Power on the modem and wait for the lights, then power on the router.
1. Open the browser(Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox).
2. Access the router, usually with http://192.168.1.1
3. Login to the router with the Username as "admin" and Password as "password" (please note that the username and password is case sensitive).
4. Click on 'Basic settings' from the left menu and select 'Use Computers MAC Address' from 'router MAC Address' section.
5. Click Apply.
6. Once it updates the settings then power off the modem and the router. Power on the modem and wait for the lights, then power on the router.
Once online on the main computer connected through the router. Perform the following tasks to configure the wireless connection:
On the router settings page
1. Click on wireless settings from the left menu.
2. Select security options as 'WEP (Wired Equivalent Privacy)'.
3. Set the 'Authentication Type' as 'Automatic'.
4. Set the 'Encryption Strength' as 64-bit.
5. In Key 1 type a 10 digit number.
6. Apply the settings.
Scan for the wireless network on the laptop and connect to your network.
I hope this information allows you to resolve this issue.
If I have helped you, please help me, and rate this suggestion the highest FixYa rating. If you cannot rate this post with the highest rating, then please comment to this post and I will try to help you further.