Question about Ovens
Clock/timer replacement # for kenmore range model number 79075721990
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 29, 2010 | Frigidaire Ovens
This indicates the ERC Electronic Range Control has failed. First check the key pad. Press each button one at a time. You should feel or hear a click and feel the retraction. If any button is not working the problem is likely in the key pad. If you locate the tech sheet ( somewhere on the stove, usually in the control panel) it may have a ohm check that can be done on the key pad to rule out the key pad. Here is a simple test that you can do to determine whether the clock or the touchpad are defective when the display reads F1:
- Disconnect power to the range.
- Gain access to the back of the ERC (electronic range control, or "clock").
- Unplug the touch pad ribbon connector from the ERC. This will be a flat wire about 1 ½" to 2" wide.
- Make sure everything is clear and will not short out when power is turned back on. Replace any covers removed to gain access to the ERC.
- Turn the power back on to the range.
- Watch for the F-1 and listen for the beep.
- If you get the F-1 and beep, replace the ERC.
- If after approximately 60 Minutes you do not get the F-1 fault, replace the touch pad.
NOTE: Some models incorporate the touch pad and the clock control as one part so F1 = bad clock control(ERC). If all seems good the control is at fault. Check to see if you have power going into the control. If you do and nothing is working the control board or ERC needs to be replaced. Here is a link for checking and replacing an oven control. If you need diagrams and illustrations of your specific model enter your model their. All parts come with installation instructions.
Oct 22, 2010 | Kenmore 40494 / 40495 / 40499 Electric...
Mar 16, 2010 | Ovens
Jan 31, 2010 | Magic Chef 9815 Electric Single Oven
Jan 29, 2010 | Frigidaire 30" Self-Cleaning Freestanding...
Jan 19, 2010 | Ovens
Aug 04, 2009 | Ovens
Dec 15, 2008 | Kenmore 40494 / 40495 / 40499 Electric...
Dec 10, 2008 | Kenmore 40494 / 40495 / 40499 Electric...
Jun 18, 2008 | Kenmore 40494 / 40495 / 40499 Electric...
738 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!