Question about Compaq P110 21" CRT Monitor
My 21" compaq p110 red colour missing
- A bended color pin at the VGA connector. (If pin one is bend then there would be no red color)
- A defective VGA signal cable. If the internal wires were broken then there would be missing colors. You can check if the signal cable is good or bad by doing a continuity test using a multimeter.
- Dry joints in the CRT board such as in the CRT socket pins, video pre amp and driver IC and even at the connector pins. In fact this problem contributed about 80% of Monitor color problems. Applying fresh solder would usually solve the color problem.
- A defective IC either in the Video Pre-amp or Video Driver IC.
- Faulty components in the CRT board. It could be a shorted driver transistor or even electrolytic capacitors that the ESR reading had shot up!
- A bad CRT socket. Sometimes decayed glue could cause the internal pins rusted and thus affecting the colors. Replacing only the CRT socket would definitely solve the problem.
- A weak or a defective picture tube (CRT tube). Yes, I do came across one of the electron gun (most probably the cathode materials had used up) in the tube faulty caused a missing color in the screen. There’s no way to repair this type of problem-the only way is to replace the CRT tube.
- In the newer type of Monitor, color setting is save in the EEPROM IC . Thus, if the EEprom data is corrupted, you would also get a missing color! The only way to repair it is to reprogram the IC or use a soft jig to tune it back the color setting.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Jestine_Yong
Posted on Mar 15, 2008
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 01, 2010 | Thomson 21DC320 21" TV
Sep 15, 2017 | Compaq P110 21" CRT Monitor
Jun 12, 2017 | Compaq P110 21" CRT Monitor
Mar 31, 2009 | HP Compaq dc7100 PC Desktop
Oct 13, 2008 | HP Pavilion M703c 17 in.CRT Conventional...
Jan 11, 2008 | Compaq P110 21" CRT Monitor
Aug 17, 2007 | Compaq P110 21" CRT Monitor
990 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: