If your sympton is:
You see a red X with unknown error on your BlackBerry smartphone when sending picture attachments in an email message.
The service books for the email integration are corrupt
To resolve this issue, delete and resend the service books from the BlackBerry® Internet Service or BlackBerry® Enterprise Server.
Picture messaging allows the user to send and receive photos to and from their contacts.
The Instant Messenger recipient must be online to send the picture.
To send pictures from your BlackBerry smartphone camera using <Instant Messenger
>, complete the following steps:
- On the BlackBerry smartphone, preview a picture.
- Display the menu and select the Instant Messenger you want to use to send the picture.
- Complete the onscreen instructions.
To send a picture from within an Instant Messenger for BlackBerry smartphones application session, complete the following steps:
- Within the Instant Messenger session, display the menu and select Send Media. The Which Type dialog appears.
- Click Picture. The Pictures folder opens.
- Select the picture you want to send. A request is sent to the recipient indicating you sent a file and an option to Accept or Decline the file.
- If the recipient clicks Accept, the Save File dialog opens. The recipient saves the file on the BlackBerry smartphone.
- If the recipient clicks Decline, The sender receives a message indication the file transfer was declined.
The BlackBerry smartphone user is unable to send a picture as an email message from the Media application of the BlackBerry smartphone. The Send
option is not present on the menu when the email message is sent using an email account that is associated with the BlackBerry Enterprise Server.
Although the current BlackBerry Internet Service supports large attachments or attachments that are in their native format, BlackBerry Enterprise Server software version 4.0 does not.
A BlackBerry smartphone that is provisioned with the current BlackBerry Internet Service uses it as the default method for sending pictures from the camera. As a result, when attempting to send a picture attachment from an email account that is associated with the BlackBerry Enterprise Server, the Send
option will be missing from the menu as the image is in native format and size.
Upgrade the BlackBerry Enterprise Server to software version 4.1 Service Pack 2 or later, since support for large attachments or attachments that are in their native format has been introduced in that version.
Follow the steps below to send the picture attachment from the Messages application on the BlackBerry smartphone:
- Select Messages on the Home screen of the BlackBerry smartphone.
- Press the Menu key.
- Select the Compose Email option from the menu.
- In the To field, enter the contact address where the email message is to be sent.
- Press the Menu key again.
- Select the Attach File option from the menu.
- Browse to and select the picture to be attached to the email message.
- Send the email message.