Question about Casio Exilim EX-S600 Digital Camera
I have a Casio Exilim Z600 and suddenly it just won't power on. I also have a docking station and it won't charge. I want to get it fixed but I am probably going to have to mail it off since there doesn't seem to be any repair shops near my home. I want to know if it's worth mailing off or if it could be the battery or an easy at home fix? Thanks for your help.
I have bought many "broken" Casio cameras that had this issue. 9 out of 10 were easily fixed.
The first thing you do is remove the battery and card. Let the camera sit empty overnight. Next morning, take the camera and puch down on the power button...the on and off button. Hold it for 15 seconds. Release it after that 15 seconds. This will reset the camera. Then try the battery and card again. Many times...that is all it takes.
If that doesn't do it...but a new battery (NP 20) they sell on Ebay...no more than $7 as rule with shipping. Buy a new charger as well...no more than $8 usually..same place. Do not throw away your camera or take it in for repairs until you at least try this. It could be the cheapest fix possible.
If a new and charged battery still doesn't work, it may be the connection points...inside the camera...the little springs you see when you look into the battery slot. I have never had to adjust these as they were never the problem. What is sometimes the problem, id when the battery is pushed into place...the right way and not backwards (we have ALL done it!) there is a little latch that comes out from the side to hold the battery in...make sure it does in fact hold the battery in tight before shutting the battery cover. The battery cover does not have to be closed for the battery to work.
If all the above fails...sell me the camera and charger and battery...seriously!!
Posted on Dec 09, 2008
I think I have a solution....I had this problem for the last months...Usually after removing the battery 2 or 3 times it went away...
Last week the camera got wet (my Underwater case leaked!!) and the camera did not turn on anymore...but I know it was working because:
- It would work fine for slideshow mode in the cradle
- Although it had the flashing red charging problem also, even with a brand new battery it did not turn on
- When pressing the on/off button, the GREEN led on the camera would flash ONCE (turn on) and the TWICE (turn off)....but the LCD stays off and the lens stay inside
- I did get the camera to turn on SOMETIMES and the i figured out the pattern....I can turn the camera ON using the play button and THEN press the button to the right (shoot mode) and the LENS pop-out and the camera works.
MY SOLUTION IS
- When you get the camera do work, go to the SETUP menu and configure the PLAY button to turn ON the camera...
- Even if the On/Off does not turn the camera ON, the play button WILL
- Then, in PLAY MODE, press the other button for SHOOT MODE and it will be OK
- My On/OFF button still works to turn OFF but not ON anymore.
Hope this can help someone!!! ;-)
Posted on Feb 10, 2009
We have the same problem three days ago with this camera. Probably the best is just to throw it away
Posted on Dec 15, 2007
Measure your battery with a voltmeter, if you have 3.7V or higher and you camera doesn't start up you most likely have mothbard issue. There are 3rd parth camera repair services that will replacet it if you are out of warranty.
Posted on May 10, 2009
I have a casio exilim 8.1mp ex-z80 green digital camera. The casing is no longer presentable. Do you know where is the CASIO SERVICE CENTER here in the philippines, specially in davao city...
Posted on Sep 06, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 04, 2009 | Casio EXILIM ZOOM EX-Z600 Digital Camera
Dec 11, 2008 | Casio Exilim EX-Z77 Digital Camera
Nov 26, 2008 | Casio EXILIM Card EX-S770 Digital Camera
Aug 20, 2007 | Casio Exilim EX-S600 Digital Camera
Apr 21, 2014 | Casio Exilim EX-S600 Digital Camera
345 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!