Question about Refrigerators
Who do I call to repair a door hinge on a kolepack walk in/reach in unit?
Your local refrigeration engineer should be able to do this.
Posted on Dec 04, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
To avoid risk of electrical shock, severe personal injury or death; disconnect power to unit before servicing, unless
testing requires power. Discharge capacitor through a 10,000 ohm resistor before handling. Wires removed during
disassembly must be placed on the correct terminals to ensure proper grounding and polarization.
Here are the instructions from the manual below.
1. Open door and remove all storage buckets.
2. Remove toe grille.
NOTE: Shut off water supply before performing Step 3.
Have a bucket ready to catch spillage from tube.
3. Loosen water-tube clamp screw. Loosen plastic
water-tube union nut. Pull water tube away from
union nut and through tube clamp.
4. Remove screw that mounts door closure to top
surface of bottom hinge.
5. Close door.
6. Remove screw holding top hinge cover in place.
Remove top-hinge cover.
7. Unplug wiring harness connectors. Remove ground
screw and ground wire from top hinge.
8. Remove top hinge and hinge bushing. Pull hinge and
bushing off wiring harness.
NOTE: Hinge shim is glued to top of cabinet and must
be left in place.
9. Lift door about 3 inches to bring lower hinge bushing
up, off hinge pin.
10. Set bottom edge of door on protective pad. Remove
hinge pin (with door-closure tab) from bottom hinge
11. Reverse procedure to rehang door.
For plastic tubing click HERE
and for a simple snap on coupling I want you to call to insure you get the correct size and snap on union.
Jul 25, 2011 | Refrigerators
Mar 22, 2011 | Whirlpool 25.3 Cu. Ft. Side-by-Side...
Jan 21, 2011 | KitchenAid Architect KBFA25ERSS Stainless...
Oct 08, 2010 | Beverage-Air Refrigerators
Aug 12, 2010 | KitchenAid Superba Architect KSCS25INSS...
Feb 04, 2010 | Frigidaire Professional Series PHS68EJSB...
Dec 27, 2009 | Dometic RM2652 Refrigerator
Aug 14, 2009 | Danby (DAR604BLS) Refrigerator
Oct 17, 2008 | GE Refrigerators
May 02, 2008 | Refrigerators
224 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!