I want to change the bottom left corner from SetUpPhone to contacts. I get into settings, personalize, and when I press Home screen I get a message Please Try Later Still loading Home Screen. I have been using the phone for three days so I am confused by the still loading home screen message. I contacted Motorola and they said it is an unlocked phone from Great Britain and they could not help me. Any help would be appreaciated.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. To bring out the Shortcuts on your Screen/Desktop-> Settings/Personal/Home Screen/Home Screen Theme and select Shortcut bar, you can then select which shortcut to display if goto "Shortcuts". This will also bring out the "Track" playing being displayed when you open the Music Player.
2. Tap the Clock to bring out the Clock menu and make your alarm, alarm repeat is now built-in.
3. Tap the "General" or Date (the set Profile besides the clock) and the Profile selection menu pops out, almost similar to pressing the "Power" button in all S60, but here the Remove memory is not shown, but "Calendar" shortcut is included and the other profiles as well.
4. If you are on the Numeric Keypad, pressing the [#] key alternately will toggle the General and Silent Profiles, same as before, which means long press on zero  will bring out bookmarks for the Web.
5. Tapping on the displayed To do or Calendar entry will bring you immediately to that particular item.
6. Tapping the Active Icon on the Top Left (near the battery indicator) will give you shortcuts for any of the active icons.
7. Long press on the Green Call Button will still activate the Voice Command Prompt
8. Long press on the center button is similar to the Long press on the "Menu" key (the yin-yang key on most S60) which will bring out the menu for all the active applications.
9. Go to Applications/File Manager and setup "Backup" for automated backup schedule of your phone data.
10. How to update your Nokia 5800 firmware using your phone. Presss *#0000# to display phone factory information and firmware Now press options and select check for updates The newest update is sent to your phone from nokia Download and install updates. This is done using GPRS or WIFI Connectivity.
General Tips ========= 1. Use Dialer and press # for about 2
seconds will switch the profile between Silent and General; press and
hold 0 will open the web browser; press and hold 1 will open the voice
2. There is a shortcut key for Music, Gallery, Share,
Video, Web shortcut at the top right corner just below the front camera
Press and hold the Green caller button when standby mode will activate
the voice command. You could call the name from the contact or
4. Organize your sms by grouping them like
outlook by Messaging -> Option -> Setting -> Text message ->
Other -> Show messages in groups -> Yes
light will blink if there is unread sms/missed call. It could be turned
off at Settings -> Notification light -> Off
6. If the
touch input is not accurate, you could calibrate your screen at Touch
Input-> Touch Screen Calibration -> ( Tap around the 4 dots at the
7. Turning control functions: a. Rotate your screen
horizontal or vertical b. Silence your phone for incoming call by
rotate your phone with screen facing down. c. Snooze the alarm by
rotating phone screen facing down
8. Theme effect will give 3D
and transition effect if on but will slow down your tube considerably.
Settings -> Personal -> Themes -> General -> Themes effects
9. Shortcut to exit application : Press and hold the
middle white button then press and hold the program that you wish to
quit, an open/exit option will pop out (useful for those haven’t install
handy taskman yet)
10. When using handwriting input, slide from
left to right is Spacebar, right to left is Backspace
Organize your menu by Menu -> option -> organize. You could drag
and drop the location of the application you wish to relocate.
does your phone have the unresponsive touch screen? if it occurs, try this. Take your fingernail and run it along the screen and the plastic housing. Push hard as you do it, and it will free up the screen. This has happened to me as well. and my phone's working now. this was a solution given by mephisto250 on youtube. :)
Press HOME and then tap Messages.
If the Messages icon is not on your Home screen, tap the All Programs button on the bottom-left corner of the Home screen and then tap Messages.
On the All messages screen, tap Compose message.
Enter the mobile phone number or begin typing the name of the message recipient in the To
field. As you enter the phone number or name, matching contacts will
appear on the screen. Tap a recipient to add the person to the To field. If no matching contact is found, enter the recipient's phone number.
Tap the text box containing the text "Tap to compose," and then
start composing your message. As you near the 160 character limit, a
counter will appear in the top right corner of the text box to tell you
how many characters are left. You can still continue composing your
message if it exceeds 160 characters. A new message is automatically
created and attached to your original message, and will appear as a
single message to the recipient.
Press MENU and then tap Attach.
On the Attach window, select the type of attachment you want to send:
Picture. Opens the Albums application. Tap the
album containing the picture you want to use, and then tap the picture
to attach it to your message.
Ringtones or songs downloaded or copied to your storage card are not automatically added to the ringtone selection menu. You need to go to the Music application and set a ringtone or song in your storage card as your ringtone. To do that top up arrow and Music then tap the three paralel lines at the bottom-left corner of the screen to go to the Library. Play the song that you want to use as a ringtone and on the Playback screen, press MENU and then tap Set as ringtone.
To change the ringtone press MENU, and then tap Settings. Tap Personalize > Default ringtone. The Phone ringtone selection menu then opens and you can scroll through the available ringtones and tap the ringtone you want to use then tap OK.
To change the ringtone press MENU, and then tap Settings. Tap Personalize > Default ringtone. The Phone ringtone selection menu then opens and you can scroll through the available ringtones and tap the ringtone you want to use then tap OK. Ringtones or songs downloaded or copied to your storage card are not automatically added to the ringtone selection menu. You need to go to the Music application and set a ringtone or song in your storage card as your ringtone. To do that top up arrow and Music then tap the three paralel lines at the bottom-left corner of the screen to go to the Library. Play the song that you want to use as a ringtone and on the Playback screen, press MENU and then tap Set as ringtone.
Push the home button. This gives you a place to start.
If you are new to the iPhone, you should know that the home button
automatically brings you to the home screen, no matter what you were
doing. If your phone is off, turn it on. Push the on/off button on the
top left of the phone to turn it on.
Touch the "Settings" button. This should be a gray button with mechanical gears pictured.
Scroll down to "General". The General button looks exactly the same as the "Settings" button, so this should be no problem to find.
are 4 groups of Buttons. Scroll down to the fourth one, and press the
very bottom button in that group. In English, it should read
"International". This will be trickier to find because there is no icon
next to the word.
Touch the very first button on top. This is the "Language" button. Ignore the other buttons below this one.
Select your desired language from the list of languages. Press the button in the Top Right corner to apply these settings.
go to menu...then settings...phone profiles. Select the profile that you'd like to change then press menu (bottom left corner) and then select edit. At the top of the screen there will be tabs. Select the envelope, then select your ringtone.
time & date Your phone needs the time and date for the datebook. To synchronize the time and date with the network: Press - > Settings > Initial Setup > Time and Date > Autoupdate > On To set the time and date: Press - > Settings > Initial Setup > Time and Date > time or date. To choose an analog or digital clock for your home screen, press - > Settings > Personalize > Home Screen > Clock > Analog or Digital.