I just purchased a reconditioned 40gb Zen touch that works beautifully in every way except it won't shut down. When I depress the power button it, for some odd reason, changes the volume, fast forwards or rewinds through the song, reloads the music, or just doesn't do anything. It DID shut down as it was supposed to on 2 occasions, just to play with my mind, I believe. Any suggestions? I'd rather not have to return it.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
"If your Zen V is dead, wont respond to anything, try this, plug it in to the computer, hold the power switch in the on position, THEN trigger the reset button, worked like a charm for mine, I had thought it a lost cause." How to reset Zen v + http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22T_gkkZjmM&feature=related
·1. remove all creative software from your pc (do this from start menu/settings/control panel/add or remove programs)
2. Uninstall Windows Media Player 11 and Windows Media Player 11 runtime. This will rollback the pc to an earlier version of WMP.
3. Download the latest version of the zen driver from this location: http://us.creative.com/support/downl...ame=Windows+XP
4. Make sure the zen is not connected to the pc and install run the exe file to install the software on your pc. at some point, the install will tell you that the unit is not connected. Connect the unit to proceed. it will also notify you that you are replacing an existing software, or something to that effect. I accepted or said OK to this popup. Once the firmware is installed, my started to work fine. You can now reinstall WMP from microsoft website. Hope this works for you. you might want to verify that your new player has the latest firmware available, as this might address the unresponsive-button issue you're having. Firmware updates are surprisingly easy - you just download the firmware file from Creative's website, plug in your player, and double-click the downloaded file. It's that easy. All else failes download the recovery tool from creatives website.
There is a circuit board under the touchpad that has probably gone bad. You should purchase a Zen Touch with some other problem like bad hard drive or broken screen, but that has a working touchpad, and swap the outer body for the working one.
Thank you thank you thank you a billion times, you just saved my life (well, at least my zen's).
Did as you said, my Zen Touch 20GB is rebuilding it's library right now. Oh, now it's done. Everything's still there, awesome.