Question about Standard (CRT) Televisions
My TV will turn off when I use the remote, but it will turn right back on. The power button on the TV does not work. The only way to shut off the TV is to unplug it.
Or ironically the power switch on the TV could be stuck and causing a false on/off command. Don't let the simple things such as that be overlooked.
Posted on Dec 06, 2007
I have the same problem, I have a Vizio E3D320VX! The tv turns on, but won't cut off. I don't have the remote either
Posted on Oct 05, 2011
Nick, the relay driver circuit has a fault, you need to post make & model number so I can give you more info, BMW Rider
Posted on Dec 05, 2007
Hello I have model number F32650 with the same no power issue. Is there know problems on this unit? Thanks for any info
Posted on May 14, 2008
You can also try a hard reset: Unplug TV from AC mains and remove all cables from TV. Wait about 30 minutes and replug to AC power and redo the cabling. Switch on the TV and see if it works..
If you are having some problems with your Sony Television, then this post is for you. Generally speaking, when there is trouble with your Sony Television set -- it indicates the issue in either the diagnostic mode, or even more commonly by flashing a series of LED blinks or flashes on the front of your television. Each set or frequency of the blinks indicates a very specific problem with the television itself. In some cases, you may be able to repair the television set yourself -- or in the worst case you may need to order parts, call a local repair shop to the have a repairman sent out, or even purchase a new television set.
First off, here are the list of codes and what they generally mean on my set (which applies to many recent model Sony Television sets. Sony has provided a "self-diagnosis function" with your TV, that in the case of abnormalities or problems the LED or red blinking light on the Timer/Standby indicator flashes a number of times to indicate the issue. Here are the values of the various blinks.
* 0 times, Diagnosis: Power does not turn on. Possible causes include: Power cord is not plugged in, Fuse is burned out (F6001) (G board). Symptoms of the problem: Power does not come on, No power is supplied to the unit, AC power supply is faulty.
* 2 times, Diagnosis: B overcurrent (OCP). Possible causes: H. OUT (Q8024) is shorted. (D board), +B PWM (Q8035, 8038) is shorted. (D board) Symptoms of the problem: Power does not come on, Load on power line is shorted.
* 3 times, Diagnosis: +B overvoltage (OVP). Possible causes: IC501 is faulty (G board), IC5002 is faulty (G board). Symptoms of the problem: TV has entered standby mode.
* 4 times, Diagnosis: Vertical deflection stopped. Possible causes: +- 15V is not supplied. (D board), IC8003 is faulty. (A board) Symptoms of the problem: TV has entered standby state after horizontal raster, Vertical deflection pulse is stopped, Power line is shorted or power supply is stopped.
* 5 times, Diagnosis: White balance failure (Not balanced) Possible causes: Video out (IC7101, 7201, 7301) is faulty (CR, CG, CB board), CRT drive (IC309) is faulty (A board), G2 is improperly adjusted. Symptoms of the problem: No raster is generated, CRT cathode current detection reference pulse output is small.
* 6 times, Diagnosis: LOW B OCP/OVP (Overcurrent/over voltage). Possible causes: +5 line is overloaded. (A, B boards), +5 line is shorted. (A, B boards). Symptoms of the problem: No picture.
* 7 times, Diagnosis: Horizontal deflection stopped. Possible cause: Q8035, 8038 is shorted. (D board)
* 8 times, Diagnosis: High voltage error. Possible cause: T8005 is faulty. (D board)
* 9 times, Diagnosis: Audio error. Possible causes: +- 19V line is shorted. (A, B boards), IC708 is faulty. (A board), PS701 or PS702 is opened. (A board). Symptoms of the problem: No sound
If you would like to attempt a DIY, you will need a service manual to guide you. You can find one here:
However, be aware that there are voltages inside your TV set that can kill, even if unplugged.
Posted on Jul 08, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 15, 2013 | Standard (CRT) Televisions
Oct 24, 2012 | RCA TruFlat 27F520T 27" TV
Sep 16, 2011 | RCA 20F420T 20" TV
Jul 21, 2011 | RCA 20F512T 20" TV
Apr 21, 2011 | RCA 20F420T 20" TV
Jun 15, 2010 | Zenith C32V37 32" TV
Apr 23, 2009 | Durabrand DWT1905 TV
Jan 01, 2009 | Proscan PS27500 27" TV
Sep 04, 2007 | Sony FD Trinitron WEGA KV-27FS100 27" TV
2,492 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!