Question about D-Link AirPlus DI-524 Wireless Router
im pulling the last few hairs on me head
i have a d-link d1-524 wireless router and at the moment
it refuses to function for wireless laptop or anything of wireless applications
Posted on Nov 23, 2008
I have a wireless router on the ATT Yahoo dsl network and the modem provided by ATT needed to be bridged to allow the router to handle the PPP logon responsibilities. If this may be your issue I can help you work through it. In my case the ATT Yahoo rep I got after switching my service was very helpful in this regard.
Posted on Dec 06, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 01, 2013 | D-Link ADSL2/2+ Modem/Wireless Router...
Jun 10, 2012 | D-Link D Link Dir 601 Wireless N Home...
Apr 05, 2011 | D-Link DIR-815 Xtreme N Wireless 802.11N...
I was banging my head for 2 days with about 35 different configurations and finally tried the following and it worked just fine. Also, tried connecting 3 computers and they all connected with "NO" issues. Even connected wireless with "NO" issues. Now I am at 20mb download speed...J compared to AT&T 1.5mb download speed.
This is my DLINK model -> (DIR-601 Wireless N 150 Home Router Wireless router)
1. Reset your Comcast Surfboard Cable Modem by unplugging it for 5 minutes.
2. Then reset your DLINK Router to the manufactures default settings. Then Unplug DLINK Router for 1 minute then plug it back in (Just plug your cat5 cable into port 1 and connect it to your computer) there should not be anything else plugged into the DLINK Router at the time you make the changes. Just 1 computer can be connected.
3. Went into the DLINK configuration 192.168.0.1 and changed the PPPOE setting that I was using for my AT&T Modem to Dynamic IP (DHCP). Once you make the changes save them and then unplug your DLINK Router it's off.
4. Turn on Comcast Surfboard Cable Modem and wait until all lights are on. Now plug in a cat5 cable from the Surfboard Comcast modem (NOT A CROSSOVER CABLE LIKE THE CD INDICATES) to the INTERNET port of your DLINK Router. Now turn on your DLINK router.
5. Then turn on your computers or restart them and it will pick up IP Addresses from your DLINK Router
Jun 08, 2010 | D-Link Wireless N 150 Home Router 4Port...
Apr 02, 2010 | D-Link DIR-625 (790069292637) Wireless...
Nov 27, 2009 | D-Link (DI-784) Wireless Router
Oct 06, 2009 | D-Link ADSL2/2+ Modem/Wireless Router...
Aug 03, 2009 | D-Link Xtreme N DIR-655 Wireless Router
Jun 25, 2009 | D-Link DIR-625 (790069292637) Wireless...
Jul 22, 2008 | D-Link AirPlus Xtreme G DI-624 Wireless...
1,883 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!