Question about SanDisk Sansa E280 MP3 Player
I have a Sansa e280, and when I start it up it says "Main Image Wont
Load Switch To Recovery Mode". Now, I've searched for solutions and
none of them work. I use the firmware updater, and it says "Error!
Application failed to read version details"...
Plus I've tried other solutions, and nothing works.
I would greatly appreciate help.
I tried to follow that but I got "application failed to read version details". WHAT DO I DO?
Posted on May 23, 2008
Please look on the back of the player and see if it is a Rhapsody model or a Standard Model. This error usually happens when you have installed the wrong firmware on the device. If you dont have a rhapsody model mp3 player please perform this steps.
Please copy and paste the following link into your web browser address bar.
Once you have downloaded the file, please follow these instructions.
1) Double click on My Computer so that you can see it on your screen.
2) Turn the player off.
3) On the top of the player is a Hold switch, move it to the right (toward the headphone jack) so you see the orange portion
4) On the left hand side of the player is a Record button, press and hold WHILE connecting the player to the computer. Continue holding the Record button until you see a new icon under My Computer called 16MB FORMAT. Once you see that icon you may release the Record button.
5) Double click the file you downloaded earlier and run it. Follow all of the on-screen instructions, and when you get to the prompt where it asks you whether you would like to Format it, choose Yes. Once it is done, click Finish.
6) Disconnect the player and look at the screen. Several things will be displayed, and when you see Key Lock, System Shutdown, move the Hold switch on the top back to the left.
7) Turn the player on and watch the screen. If you see a Refresh Database Fail error, you will need to follow steps 1-7 again until you do not get the error. If it does not work the first time, it could take up to 3 times for it to work.IF the update is successfull you will be prompted to choose a language for the player.
Posted on Dec 15, 2007
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 12, 2010 | SanDisk Sansa E280 MP3 Player
Dec 28, 2008 | SanDisk Sansa e250 MP3 Player
Nov 12, 2008 | SanDisk Sansa e250 MP3 Player
Sep 23, 2008 | SanDisk Sansa E280 MP3 Player
Feb 16, 2008 | SanDisk Sansa E280 MP3 Player
Oct 22, 2007 | SanDisk Sansa e260 MP3 Player
162 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: