Re: Contact names do not show when call comes through
This phone either shows the name or number. Not both. If you have a person listed in the phone book on the sim card AND in the phone's memory, it sometimes confuses the phone and just the number will show up. Only put the number in the sim or phone. Not both.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The NAME of the cellphone caller is assigned by the person who receives the call. If I assign to your number the name "Hugo Chavez" each time you call me, my phone identifies your call as coming form "Hugo Chavez". If my phone has no name associated to your number, it will show only the number. So, happens that the person who receives calls from you happens to know the previous owner of your phone , had him registered and has his name showing up. If this "detail" makes you nervious, tell this person to update the name identifying your calls.
If you store a a number with more than one name, the next time the number calls u, it will not show any name. You have to delete the other entries and leave only ONE entry. Then you can see the caller names and missed calls.
Some caller's names does not appear even though they are on your contact list because you have then copied twice on your phone. What you'll need do it to delete one contact each for the caller id's that don't show when they call in. Once you get this done, your phone phone would begin to show contacts on your phone.
If you want to know if this true, then get someone around you and save his/her name twice then ask him/her to call you. You'll notice that the caller id would not appear, but once you get one of the contacts deleted and ask him/her to call you back, you'll discover that the caller's id would begin to show.
For your access point, just define it the next time you switch on your phone and save it. Then it would not have to change the next time you turn your phone on/off. Solution 3
To get rid of the welcome go to Menu > Tools > Settings > General > Personalization >
Create contact (Menu 2.3)
Use this menu to add a new contact to Phonebook.
Storing a number in the phone’s memory
1. Select Phone.
2. Change the settings or enter information about the
• First name/Last name: assign a name.
• Mobile/Home/Office/Fax/Other: add a
number in any category.
You can change the number type, or set the
number as the default for the contact by
pressing <Options> and selecting Change
type or Mark as default number.
• Email: assign an e-mail address.
• Graphic ID: assign a caller ID image to alert you to a call from the person.
• Ringtone: assign a ringtone to alert you to a
call from the person.
• Group: assign the number to a caller group.
• Birthday: enter the person’s birthday.
• Notes: add a memo about the person.
3. Press <Save> or [ ] to save the contact.
Storing a number on the SIM card
1. Select SIM.
2. Select New or Update.
3. Enter information about the contact:
• Name: assign a name.
• Phone number: add a number.
• Location: assign a location number.
4. Press <Save> or [ ] to save the contact.