Question about Televison & Video
Region Hack for Samsung SH853M
Here is the hack for all region's players. It changes regions and unlocks the ability to use Hi-Def modes (720p,1080i etc) through Component connections - some regions ship with this disabled!
Power on player with no disc in tray.
1. Press the Repeat button on your remote control
Don't confuse with the Repeat A-B button
2.If your player was purchased in Region 1:
Press the buttons 2, 9, 3, 3 and 4 on your remote control, in order one at a time
If it was purchased in Region 2:
Press the buttons 5, 7, 5, 3 and 8 on your remote control, in order one at a time
For Region 3 players:
Press the buttons 5, 6, 7, 3 and 2 on your remote control, in order one at a time
For Region 4 players:
Press the buttons 7, 6, 8, 8 and 4 on your remote control, in order one at a time
For Region 5 players:
Press the buttons 5, 3, 8, 1 and 4 on your remote control, in order one at a time
For Region 6 players:
Press the buttons 2, 4, 4, 6 and 2 on your remote control, in order one at a time
3. The numbers 01 or similar current region code will be displayed on the top left of your onscreen display
4. Press 9 for multi-region playback or the button on your remote control for your region eg. 2 for region 2.
NB: The above step is time sensitive and needs to be performed quickly.
5. Open your DISC tray and leave open for 15 secs.
6. After 15 seconds have elapsed, power off your player and the DISC tray will be closed and player shut off.
7. Power on player and it is now set to the new region code you chose in step 4 above
Posted on Jan 23, 2008
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 14, 2014 | Televison & Video
Mar 14, 2010 | Televison & Video
Nov 04, 2009 | Samsung DVD-R135
Jul 01, 2008 | Samsung Televison & Video
Mar 18, 2008 | Samsung Televison & Video
Jan 21, 2008 | Samsung DVD-HD950 DVD Player
698 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!