Check the website of the phone manufacture that you have, most offer software to connect your computer to phone for free. You will need a cable thought to connect the two, you should be able to pick one up at any phone store.
If that does not work try the instructions below.
Contacts, Memo's, Pictures, Calander
- Find/Purchase data link cable, something that has a prong for yourcell phone on one end and a USB connector on the other. Try searchingthe make and model of your cell phone on Google or various onlinestores.
- Install the drivers necessary for your cell phone; these should have come with the data link cable on a CD.
- Download and install the BitPim software from http://www.bitpim.org/.
- Plug your phone in, and run BitPim. It should automatically detect your phone.
- The two buttons in the upper left tool bar are Get Phone Data andSend Phone Data; use these to quickly retrieve and send basicinformation stored on your phone's memory.
Movies, Music, Memory Cards
- Select View, then View Filesystems to open up more advanced possibilities
- Look for folders that seem to contain useful information; on theSamsung a930, music and videos that are stored on the memory card areat /mmc1/MY_(FLIX/MP3S/MUSIC/PIC)
- If you have several files (say, movies or pictures) you wish toremove at once, right click on the folder and select "BackupDirectory". This will copy everything in that folder onto your computer.
- Search online for advice about what can be done with your phone.Some phones are very limited on what file types they can use, othershave size restrictions you need to know about. Every model of phone isdifferent.