Question about GCC Technologies Elite 12/1200N Laser Printer
I'm using a GCC 12/1200 laser printer, and its printed output always has three gray horizontal streaks, each one about one-fourth of an inch wide, across the top, middle and bottom of each printed page. Can I fix this (how?) or do I need help from a technician? Thanks.
Streaks at 2.82 inch intervals: Horizontal marks at this interval are the result of a mark on the
fusing roller of the printer. In some cases, these marks can be cleared
up by running a cleaning page through the unit. Laser Printer Cleaning
sheets can be purchased at your local printer/office supply store. If
the marks persist, this can indicate a more serious problem with the
fusing roller that would require service attention.
Streaks at 3.74 inch intervals: Horizontal marks at this interval are the result of a mark on the image drum of the printer. There is no way to repair a damaged photosensitive image drum, so in the case that it is scratched or otherwise damaged, the entire CRU (toner/drum cartridge) would require replacement to clear up these marks.
Posted on Dec 21, 2007
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 01, 2016 | Canon imageClass MF8380Cdw Wireless Color...
Apr 21, 2014 | Brother BU300CL Transfer Belt, 50,000...
Apr 02, 2014 | Brother HL 1440 Laser Printer
The instructions as copied from the Pixma 480 "onscreen manual." (Only the text -- not the images -- could be pasted into the solution. Hope you can follow the text.) Steve G.
Prepare 2 sheets of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper
1. Make sure that the power is turned on, and load 2 sheets of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper in the Rear Tray.
2. Open the Paper Output Tray gently, and open the Output Tray Extension.
3. Print the print head alignment pattern.
- Press the Menu button.
- Select Maintenance, and press the OK button.
- Select Print head alignment, and press the OK button.
Note: To print the current head position adjustment values, select Head alignment print in the Maintenance menu and press the OK button. See Selecting Menus on the Top Menu Screen.)
- Select Yes, and press the OK button to print alignment sheet.
- Check the pattern is printed correctly, select Yes and press OK button.
- Confirm the displayed message and press the OK button.
The Print head alignment screen appears.
4. Adjust the print head position.
- Check the printed patterns, and use the (Left) or (Right) button to select the number of the pattern that has the least noticeable streaks for column A.
Note: If it is difficult to select the best pattern, select the pattern that has the least noticeable white streaks.
(A) Less noticeable vertical white streaks
(B) Noticeable vertical white streaks
(C) Less noticeable horizontal white streaks
(D) Noticeable horizontal white streaks
- Repeat the same procedure to input the pattern number for each column from B to L, then press the OK button.
- Select Yes to continue printing, and press the OK button.
- The second page of print head alignment sheet will be printed.
- Confirm the message for print head alignment, and press the OK button.
- Check the printed patterns and use the (Left) or (Right) button to input the number of the pattern that has the least noticeable horizontal streaks for column M.
- Repeat the same procedure to input the pattern number for each column from N to R, and press the OK button.
Jan 12, 2011 | Canon Pixma MP480 All-In-One InkJet...
Mar 06, 2010 | Samsung ML 1710 Laser Printer
Feb 12, 2010 | Brother MFC-9840CDW Laser Printer
Nov 28, 2009 | Samsung ML 1710 Laser Printer
Oct 01, 2009 | Canon imageRUNNER 2020 All-In-One Laser...
Mar 29, 2009 | Ricoh Office Equipment & Supplies
Feb 27, 2009 | Brother HL 1440 Laser Printer
366 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!