I have an ADVENT 7109 Laptop that seems to no longer turn on, when you press the power button, the Drive light turns on and another light on the side that looks like a light bulb lights up but that is it. There is no sound coming from the machine, not even a fan or drive noise, it was working fine last night but is doing nothing now.
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.
Re: LAPTOP WONT TURN ON OR DO ANYTHING
Remove all the cables etc inc the power lead
Remove the battery
Hold the power button down for 20 seconds
Replace battery & Re-start. If you are as lucky as me it will be 'Hey-Presto' and lots of happiness.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
do you mean to enable the wireless switch so that you can use the internet
as you have not told us which model you have i can not tell you where the switch is
please try some of these options if your model is mentioned
Advent 7086 ---- Button next to the power button Advent 7096 ---- Button next to the power button Advent 7100 ---- Fn / F2 Advent 7104 ---- Fn / F2 Advent 7201 ---- wireless key top right and then Fn / F2 Advent 8117 ---- small slide switch on the front of laptop
This sounds like there is a problem with the battery. Remove the AC mains power and take out the battery from the laptop. Plug AC power back in and try booting the laptop up. If it boots up let it boot into Windows/linux and then shut the computer down as normal. Remove AC power and re-insert the battery. Plug AC back in and power it up, see if it does the same thing. If it does the same thing the battery is faulty. If it boots up with the battery in then there was a glitch.
Please find the key combination (for wireless/switch) for different Advent laptop models:
Advent 7096 ---- Button next to the power button Advent 7100 ---- Fn / F2 Advent 7104 ---- Fn / F2 Advent 7201 ---- wireless key top right and then Fn / F2 Advent 8117 ---- small slide switch on the front of laptop
1. Unplug the power from the laptop and remove the battery then press the power button of the laptop for 15 seconds
2. Put the battery back in, turn on the laptop without plugging the power to the laptop (If this didn't resolve the issue)
3. Remove the battery and press the power button of the laptop for 15 seconds, after that, plug the power cord and turn on the laptop (if this didn't resolve the issue)
4. Remove the power cord and press the power button of the laptop for 15 seconds, disconnect the Hard drive and turn on the laptop (If this didn't resolve the issue) reconnec the hard drive
5. Remove the Optical Drive and turn on the laptop (If this didn't resolve the issue) reconnect the optical drive
6. Remove the memory chip, if you have 2 memory chips installed in the 2 memory slots (remove both of them) now test each one of the memory to each slots turning on the laptop. (If this didn't resolve the issue) Put the memory chip back in
7. Reseat the CPU and try to make sure that it's installed properly. Turn on the laptop and test if it's gonna work (If this didn't resolve the issue)
8. Reseat the power cords coming from the power supply of the laptop and test the laptop. (If this didn't resolve the issue)
9. Disconnect everything and just leave the CPU installed and turn on the laptop.
10. If all else fails, there's a big possibility that the problem may be with the power supply or the motherboard of the laptop.
(Note: you may try to clean your computer if there is a large amount of dust. You may try to remove the CMOS battery)
hi mushahid3, I hape your labtop is ok every thing but labtop can not load os and cannot open bios You go to the bios setting can not press "del" you press F2 and delete key ok than you go to bios and chack hardware setting ok thanking you
Im using the advent 4211-b and its flawless.small,light ,looks good has all you need built in and also has choice at startup windows or recovery.cant fault it.if you cant reboot.press power ,get as far as you get ,press and hold power button til switch off press power button again to restart(boot)if youre already in windows and cant shut down or reboot do the same.as long as you dont turn off and unplug no damage to the system will occur.
There should be a tiny little hole on the front of the CD drive, next to where you would usually press the button to eject it. Turn the laptop off (or at least wait until the CD stops spinning) and insert a straight paper clip into the hole. You will have to insert it perfectly straight and apply a little pressure. Doing this should manually pop the CD tray open.
remove the ac adapter
take the battery out
be sure nothing is connected with your laptop
then press and hold the power button for 60 secs to drain static as it is the most probable reason laptops stops working.
then connect the ac adapter only and without the battery try powering on the system
if it powers on
you can again shut it down
insert the battery
it should surely power on