Question about HP 5590 ScanJet Flatbed Scanner
Single sheet loaded into feeder jams because the paper is drawn in in a skewed manner.
Checked for the paper being 'square' in the feeder - no change
I've tried cleaning sheets (not hp) but these just get caught up.
Hi, The problem seems to be a piece of debris , paper stuck in the ADF roller assy. You can check this by opening up the adf cover and inspecting the paper path. I have seen where a very small peice can cause paper path problems to where something is blocking the paper> Good Luck!
Posted on Dec 03, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 26, 2013 | Fujitsu Fi6130z Sheetfed Scanner
1. Do the documents satisfy paper specification?
2. Have the documents been jogged?
• Align the edge of documents for stable paper feeding.
• Remove documents with crease or dog-ear.
• Scanning different width of documents may cause skew and result in paper jam.
3. Are Chuter Unit (ADF paper chute),Guide P ASSY (Sheet guide), Feed roller cover (plate guide) and Brake roller cover installed correctly?
4. Clean the Feed rollers, Eject rollers,Plastic rollers, glass surface and paper feeding surface, and see if the error is
5. Replace Pick roller or Brake roller, and see if the error is resolved.Check the consumable counter from the TWAIN driver screen or from the built-in Maintenance mode. When the counter exceeds the values, replace Pick roller or Brake roller.
6. If the issue still persists, then you are recommended to contact the nearest Fujitsu service center for further assistance.
Hope the above information is helpful.
Thanks & regards,
May 03, 2013 | Fujitsu Scanners
Jul 08, 2012 | Xerox Phaser 3300Mfp/X Mono P/C/F/S 30Ppm...
Mar 08, 2011 | HP Scanjet 4200c Flatbed Scanner
Dec 13, 2010 | Epson Perfection 4490 Office Flatbed...
Aug 10, 2010 | Fujitsu ScanPartner fi-4120C2 Path-Through...
May 06, 2010 | Fujitsu fi-5120C
Mar 26, 2010 | Xerox DocuMate 152 Pass-Through Scanner
May 26, 2009 | HP Scanjet 8350 Flatbed Scanner
Mar 18, 2014 | HP 5590 ScanJet Flatbed Scanner
726 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: