- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Double check the Palm or palmOne program in Windows. Click Start then All
Programs then Palm or palmOne. You should see an icon in there called
Sync with Outlook or something similar. Click that icon and the
Outlook conduits will replace those for Palm Desktop. Some conduits,
like Media/Photos will continue to sync with Palm Desktop, but
Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, and Memos will sync to Outlook.
If the new one won't pick up your old files you need to go onto the desktop app and export the data. then create a new id on the new palm. It should now hotsync with the new blank id. Now go back to the desktop and import the files from the other id. Hotsync again and you should have them on your palm.
And just in case you may have any issues with the syncing of data from Outlook 2003, Apple has provided a support link should you run into any issue during your sync process with your iPhone to either computers due to a possible error with the .PST file.
I had exactly the same problem. I Hot Synched it with my computer (Ignore instructions for load cd) and everything returned as normal. Since this episode, I've learnt to hot synch more often than I was doing.
Assume that your Visor is your data respository. So you should make sure that you have an up-to-date synchronization from the NT PC.
Now get the XP compatible software for your Visor from the palmOne website and install it on the XP box. I assume that you will be synching via USB this time - this is the default setup when you install the software. Hopefully you still have the USB cradle that came with the Visor. You can still use serial sync with XP but you should try to take advantage of the speed of USB on the new PC.
Download for XP & Visors: http://www.palmone.com/us/support/downloads/visor/win_desktop_401.html
Once the software is installed, sync with the new computer and all your data should be copied from the Visor to your PC in the first synchronization. By the way, Outlook shouild be installed on the new computer before you install the Visor software; otherwise the installer will not offfer to install the PocketMirror conduits.
Remember to change (HotSync, Custom) settings before you perform your sync or else you will get duplicate records as I did. Good luck.
Support Knowledge Library
Click here to go back Click here to print
Solution ID: 25263
Switching between Outlook and Palm Desktop synchronization
Depending on your device, you might be synchronizing with Outlook using the Palm™ Outlook Conduits, or PocketMirror conduits from Chapura (find out which). Both of these types of conduits are installed and activated when you run the CD-ROM that came with your device.
What do you want to learn about?
* Switching synchronization: Palm Outlook Conduits
* Switching synchronization: PocketMirror Conduits
* Synchronizing partially with Palm Desktop, partially with Outlook
* Note about data transfer
* Macintosh information
* Multiple users on the same desktop computer
Switching synchronization: Palm Outlook Conduits
These instructions apply to the Palm Outlook Conduits that are included with handhelds released after late 2003. The Palm Desktop installer determines which conduits are activated during the installation process.
If you want to switch synchronization from Palm Desktop to Outlook, or vice versa, you'll need the original CD-ROM that came with your handheld.
1. Insert the CD-ROM into your computer. A window should open, containing the contents of the CD-ROM.
2. From the Discover Your Handheld screen, select "Install Microsoft Outlook Conduits" or "Change synchronization method" (depending on which device you have)
3. Follow the instructions for switching synchroniztion from or to Palm Desktop or Outlook.
4. See our note about data transfer
Remember: Some applications will continue to synchronize with Palm Desktop. Use Palm Desktop to manage applications such as Photos and VoiceMemo
In a nutshell, make sure you have a recent synch to your PC of the 600.
Install the Treo 650 desktop software
Synch to the username of the 600
Your are done.
You should rename the Treo 600 or hard reset it (you will get data corruption if you synch two devices with the same username to one PC).
If you are paranoid, you can make a backup copy of your c:\program files\palm\ folder to begin with. This contains most of your settings and extra software on the 600. As you are an Outlook user, your personal data is probably in a PST file or it is stored in Exchange.
Inorder to sync your handheld with Outlook you must have outlook conduits installed. Follow these steps to have an outlook conduits installed.
1. Place the Desktop Installation & Software Essentials CD on your cd-rom drive. Wait for it to finish its autorun
2. At this point you'll be presented wth a flash window which contains certain options you can choose.
3. Click on "Change your synchronization method"
4. Click on "Use Microsoft Outlook to ...... "
5. Click on "Yes"
6. Click on "Done"
7. Restart your computer inorder to refresh the new settings.
You can now use Microsoft Outlook to synch your appointments, contacts etc..