What must I do to attach a Wall Mount to my Toshiba 20HLV16 LCD Chassis?
Need to attach the wall mount to the rear of my new TV/DVD. Do I remove the lifting handle and attach the mount there or what must I do to prepare my TV for hanging on the wall? I purchased an Omnimount 17FM-T Tilt LCD mount to use, as it was one of several recommended by the merchant I purchased the TV from. Thanks for the help!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
ok it depends on the wall mount but this is the basic idea of it. make sure there is at least one other person to help you.
1. Make sure everything is off and unplugged from the tv.
2. If you have cables holding your tv to the wall remove them.
3. there should be securing screws at both sides of the arms attaching the tv to the wall. loosen them/ remove them.
4. lift and pull the tv away from the wall. have a friend help you.
5. remove the screws and bolts from the tv and the wall mount and you should be done.
If this doesn't work, find the manual for the wall mount. if you need help or additional tips put them in the comments. Thanks
M8 - according to a document I found online for a Toshiba mounting bracket kit for their LCD TVs the bolt size is M8. It should be easily available in a large hardware store or place that sells large flat screens.
Make sure you hand tighten it into the mounting hole before attaching any brackets, to judge the proper depth for tightening. Over-tightening with a long bolt could damage the TV.
If you decide to wall mount your LCD TV, always use a ULlisted
wall bracket appropriate for the size and weight of the
38.6 lbs (17.5 kg)
37HL17: 46.3 lbs (21.0 kg)
42HL17: 59.5 lbs (27.0 kg)
1) CAUTION: Two people are required for installation.
2) Unplug and remove any cables and/or other component
connectors from the rear of the TV.
3) Follow the instructions provided with your wall bracket.
Before proceeding, make sure the appropriate bracket(s) are
attached to the wall and the back of the TV as described in the
instructions provided with the wall bracket.
4) After attaching the appropriate bracket(s) to the wall and the
back of the TV, remove the pedestal stand from the TV as
Removing the Pedestal Stand
1) Carefully lay the front of the unit face down on a flat,
cushioned surface such as a quilt or blanket. Leave the stand
protruding over the edge of the surface.
Note: Extreme care should always be used when removing
the pedestal stand to avoid damage to the LCD panel.
2) Remove the jack pack cover on the back of the TV to expose
the pedestal stand screws. The jack pack cover can be removed
3) Remove the five screws. This will
allow removal of the pedestal stand.
4) Once you have removed all five screws holding the pedestal
stand in place, remove the pedestal stand from the TV by
sliding the pedestal stand away from the TV.
Remove Back plate screws and match up the holes on the wall mount device with the holes on the back of your television. Attach the television to mounting devise, Then mount both to the wall. Hope this helps you with your problem.
Usually, UMC include the screws already screwed into the wall mounting holes that you should use to attach a wall bracket. This is so you dont then go and use longer screws often supplied with wall mounts that are way too long and can damage the parts inside the TV.
Place the tv on its screen flat on a soft surface,
you need to remove all the screws, not just the stand one marked.
Lift the back panel and then you will be able to slide down the stand, when you have removed the back cover you will also see where how your wall mount will fit to the chassis.
Place all the screws back on the back lid.