Hi, I feel silly asking, but this has never happened before. My Resume light won't stop flashing and my cartridges have moved to the center. Could it be as simple that I'm out of ink? I have replaced plenty of cartridges before and my indicator was that the printing was fading so that's how I knew I was low in ink. Now nothing works, I can turn the power off, unplug it, the head cleaning doesn't work either, the light is forever blinking. If you can help I'd be really grateful!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The first light (from left to right) is the Print Cartridge Status.
This will flash if one or more of the ink cartridges are low or the cartridge incorrectly inserted. Also flashes if the wrong type of cartridge inserted. If the ink is low the light will stop flashing when you open the top cover of the printer.
The second light is the Resume Light. This will flsh when anaction isequired such s loading paper or clearing a paper jam.
The third light is the Power light. This will flash green when the printer is printing.
Try to look for a ruler or something that will make you press the cartridge cover fully. It may be loose or not snap in properly thats why the cartridge holder won't go all the way.
Hope this helps.
Cancel button Print cartridge status light Resume button and light Power button and light
- If the power light is flashing it means that your printer may be receiving data. - If the resume light is flashing you may be out of paper, or you may have a paper jam, you may be printing a two sided document by hand and the first side has finished printing. - If the print cartridge status light is flashing that means the top cover may be open, of there may be a problem with one of the cartridges. - If all of the lights are flashing the printer may need to be reset.
The HP series of printers you have can be finiky when cartridges are swapped. Use an old toothbrush to very gently clean the contacts behind both ink cartridges. Carefully wipe off the contact strip on the back of each cartridge. repeat this till the cartridges are properly detected. close the lid after each attempt!
There are some possibilities due to the above phenomena. Let's discuss about it: 1) If the POWER light is flashing green, then your printer is now warming up or performing maintenance procedure (replacing cartridge/tank) or cleaning print head, just wait a few seconds till the light stop flash. Also if the last page of a print job not done, this POWER light flashing green. 2) If the CHARGE/ERROR light is flashing orange with beep 3times, it mean your cartridge need to be install (especially the 1st time turn on printer) or cartridge being replaced, just install the cartridge and press RESUME to continue. 3) If both POWER light is flashing green and CHARGE/ERROR light is flashing orange with beep 3times, then your printer may facing a very serious error and maybe need a replacement.
1. Turn off printer 2. Hold down Resume button and press Power button. 3. Keep holding down Power button and let Resume button go. 4. Press Resume button 2 times then let BOTH buttons go. 5. Green lights will flash and then stop blinking. 6. When green lights are solid, press the Resume button 4 times. 7. Press the Power button and the printer should turn off, if not, press the Power button once more. 8. Your printer should respond as normal. Please come back and just gave a vote, it will gave me some satisfaction to know am helping some one so I will keep on helping.
All The Best: Pineworks
You will see 3 led lights on the printer. They will blink continously if:
if the print cartridge status light is flashing
-- check if the top cover is open, Close the top cover. -- there may be a problem with a print cartridge 1. Verify that the correct print cartridges are installed. 2. Check if a print cartridge is low on ink or improperly installed.
if the resume light is flashing
-- the printer may be out of paper 1. Place paper in the In tray. 2. Press the Resume button on the front of
-- the printer may be ready to print the second side of a two-sided document 1. Follow the onscreen instructions for printing the second side. 2. Press the Resume button.
if the power light is flashing
-- the printer is preparing to print -- The light stops flashing when the printer has received all data.
if all lights are flashing
-- the printer may need to be restarted 1. Press the Power button to turn off the printer, then press the Power button to restart the printer.Proceed to step 2 if the lights continue to flash. 2. Press the Power button to turn off the printer. 3. Disconnect the printer from the power source. 4. Reconnect the printer to the power source.Press the Power button to turn on the printer.