I own this compaq v 2000, i was working in my computer, then turned off... and since then ..i can not turn it on , push the start button.. the led stays lit for about 1 second and turns off..! can you help on this..?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Reboot is another name for restart, so just click into the Start menu then shut down then choose restart. If you are unable to do that since if the laptop is frozen push and hold the power button in for at least 10 seconds or until the computer turns off, then push the power button again to turn it back on. This should only be done if you are unable to do anything else. Ok
1. Turn off computer and unplug power cord.
2. Disconnect all external devices(open up the computer tower and then )
3. remove battery
4. press power button and hold for 10-15 seconds
5. plug power cord back into computer and press power button.
6. Check LED’s and listen for power supply fan.
7. If LED’s are on or power supply fan starts spinning, watch for boot screen
8. If coputer begins to turn on, turn it off.
9. Reconnect battery and external devices.
10. Press power button and make sure computer starts.
did you refer to the wifi light? actually wifi radio receiver is a manual thing and you should turn it ON and OFF manually. Im not sure with the model you described but try to look for a slide or push button with the wifi icon (an antenna with 3 waves). then try to see if the wifi led is lit. Another way, if your device is soft touch, then there is no hard press button for it. it will be a combination of FN + a function key (look at the function key with the wifi icon)
Please turn off the Computer and disconnect the AC Adaptor then remove the Battery. Next, try cleaning the metal contacts on the Battery and reseating the RAM modules.Then, connect only AC Adaptor to the Computer and try to turn it ON without the Battery. If the Computer doesn't turn ON then disconnect the AC Adaptor and insert the Battery then try turning ON the Computer. If the issue persists even after performing all the above steps then service will be required.
This could indicate a bad battery, or bad memory chip. Try starting without the battery. If this doesn't work, then try takeing one or the other memory chips out. If the problem persists, then it may lie within the power management system on the motherboard.