Question about SanDisk Sansa e250 MP3 Player
I've had it since last christmas and it recently just starting wigging out. First i have to put it on MSC mode for my computer to reconize it. In order to remove songs I have to use a whole other computer. I deal with it but now I go to sync songs to it and it says their synced i go to listen and they're not there but repeats of other songs that are bad tracks. so i deleted them with another computer and i got my music on that computer and synced it back on. it was working okay then i wanted to add a new song. i tried adding it a one or two other songs it only added repeats of other songs that were bad tracks.. i tried to do what i did last time. and this time it didnt work. so i deleted all the songs off. i checked to make sure it was empty, it still shows all my songs and they're all bad tracks i cant sync anything else onto it and i dont know what to do.
Sansa making me mad my songs don't appear. I deleted the database file, still don't work. That is why I downloaded replacement firmware called Rockbox go here and download the sansa version
Posted on Dec 24, 2007
I've had similar problems. You should reformat the player and install latest firmware from Sansa. (See below)
(There is an option to format the player w/o installing new firmware. Copy an empty file named sansa.fmt on the 16mb drive and unplug usb. The player formats and restarts. This is an unofficial solution that solved my problems, since my Sansa got totally stuck and would not accept the procedure below.)
New firmware: download the latest firmware .exe file from Sansa site
Once you have downloaded the file, please follow these instructions.
1) Double click on My Computer so that you can see it on your screen.
2) Turn the player off.
3) On the top of the player is a Hold switch, move it to the right (toward the headphone jack) so you see Orange.
4) On the left hand side of the player is a Record button, press and hold it while connecting the player to the computer. Continue holding the Record button until you see a new icon under My Computer called 16MB FORMAT. Once you see that icon you may release the Record button.
5) Double click the file you downloaded earlier and run it. Follow all of the on-screen instructions, and when you get to the prompt where it asks you whether you would like to Format it, choose Yes. Once it is done, click Finish.
6) Disconnect the player and look at the screen. Several things will be displayed, and when you see Key Lock, System Shutdown, move the Hold switch on the top back to the left.
7) Turn the player on and watch the screen. If you see a Refresh Database Fail error, you will need to follow steps 1-7 again until you do not get the error. If it does not work the first time, it could take up to 3 times for it to work.
good luck /Par, Stockholm, Sweden
Posted on Dec 03, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
May 16, 2010 | SanDisk Sansa e250 MP3 Player
Apr 06, 2010 | SanDisk Sansa e250 MP3 Player
Feb 05, 2010 | SanDisk Sansa e250 MP3 Player
Sep 14, 2009 | SanDisk Sansa e250 MP3 Player
Mar 30, 2009 | SanDisk Sansa e250 MP3 Player
Jan 11, 2009 | SanDisk Sansa e250 MP3 Player
Jun 27, 2008 | SanDisk Sansa e250 MP3 Player
Jan 16, 2008 | SanDisk Sansa e250 MP3 Player
Aug 11, 2007 | SanDisk Sansa e250 MP3 Player
102 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: