I have a TT1 with the map of Uk and Ireland. I would like to get the map of europe and wondered if i buy a blank SD card and download the map of europe or even copy my friends map of europe from his TT europe, will it work?
please let me know asap as i'm driving through europe in 3 days!!
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones). click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
It usually finds and updates whatever map(s) you currently have on your GPS device. However, if you have a few maps, it may offer you options to buy more (maps) ... as one or more updates ... for one or more additional charge.
Usually they come preloaded with some maps and you purchase additional ones. Check the manual that came with it or the box and that should tell you which ones it has. Generally speaking a basic unit bought in the UK will come with UK & Ireland preloaded, more expensive unit may have UK, Ireland & Europe and the most expensive may have all three plus USA. It's unlikely you will have 'lost' your USA map. The unit should have a 'drop down' menu which allows you to choose which map to load. Hope this helps!
Lorna R from the UK support team solved my problem - but it did require some persistence. If a folder FOUND.000 exists on your device then firstly delete it. I turned off my virus checker and all other programs. Then:
STEP 1 Check your Internet Connection
- Make sure that you have a fast broadband Internet connection, ideally 2mb/s or higher - Check that you are not at the end of a British Telecom exchange. If you are, then you will find that you are not receiving your advertised Internet connection speed and the connection will be unstable. This can mean that any large downloads via TomTom Home may time out and not download fully. - Make sure that you are connected to the Internet via a Network cable and not wirelessly. You can plug a network cable into the back of your Router and connect it to the network card on the back of your computer. Also, if you connect wirelessly, you have an extra layer of security which can interfere with downloads. - Please ensure that your firewalls are configured to allow TomTom Home to connect to the Internet fully.
- Connect your TomTom to your computer and switch it on - On a PC, create a new folder on your desktop and call it 'Backup' - On a Mac, create a folder on the desktop and call it 'Backup'. - On a PC, Open 'My Computer', you will see the TomTom as a removable storage device, e.g. TomTom (E:), double left click into it. - Click on Edit -> Select All, then click on 'Edit -> Copy' - Go to your Backup folder on your desktop that you have created, double left click into it and click on 'Edit -> Paste'
- On a Mac, you will see the TomTom device on the Desktop, double click into it. - Select and copy all of the contents of the TomTom device. - Go to your backup Folder that you have created and double click into it. - Paste all the files into the backup folder.
Only proceed with Step 4 and 5 when you have successfully completed a manual backup of your device.
STEP 4 Remove the Map Folder from your device
- Connect the TomTom to the Computer - Browse the contents of the TomTom via 'My Computer', (on a mac, click on the desktop icon for the TomTom disk) - You will see the Files and folders for the TomTom. - Delete the map folder e.g. Western Europe, or Western and Central Europe, or United Kingdom and Ireland
STEP 5 Download your Latest map Guarantee
- Open TomTom Home - Log in to your TomTom account - Click on Tools -> Use Latest map Guarantee - If you see a map available for download, click on 'Get it Now'.
The map can take a few hours to download depending on the map size and your Internet connection.
If you find that your map is taking more than 5 hours to download or the Download does not install correctly, then unfortunately your Internet connection is preventing the map from downloading correctly. Ideally, you will need a faster and more stable Internet connection.
You could probably just manually delete the Canada/USA maps from the device, and copy over the europe (or whichever ones you need) to the device.
Just plug it in, and view the memory like a normal usb drive..delete the old, copy over the new.
Don't forget to use tomtom home to backup your gps device to your computer first (thus saving your canada maps for later..)
Afterwards, you would probably have to go into your preferences and choose the europe maps.