Question about Microwave Ovens
Went to use it (clock is working) but keypad died.to heat something up.
Is it possible that some spray cleaner accidentally got into the controls?
I always recommend that users spray the cleaner on a soft cloth (not on the keypad itself) then wipe the control panel off.
Also, I always recommend non-ammonia cleaners since ammonia can crack and damage plastic.
Otherwise, the spray can get into the controls and lock it up or make it act odd.
If it does not dry out over time, it may need to be manually dried or blown out.
The keypad may be damaged or worn out, or control unit may be damaged.
Please write back with more details if you need further help.
We're happy to help and we appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.
Posted on Dec 04, 2007
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Here is a tip that will help you to figure out what is wrong with your Microwave Oven....
Basic Microwave Oven Troubleshooting Tips
Dec 31, 2010 | Emerson MW8991SB Microwave Oven
Sep 18, 2010 | GE JEM25 Microwave Oven
Sep 10, 2009 | Emerson MW8102SS 1100 Watts Microwave Oven
Feb 26, 2018 | Emerson MW8778 Microwave Oven
Jan 08, 2009 | Emerson MW8102SS 1100 Watts Microwave Oven
Dec 12, 2008 | Emerson MW8778 Microwave Oven
Mar 10, 2008 | Microwave Ovens
Nov 05, 2007 | Emerson MW8778 Microwave Oven
Jan 19, 2019 | Microwave Ovens
143 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!