Question about LaCie Big Disk Extreme with Triple Interface - hard drive - 1 TB
I'm using Windows XP x64 Edition, and connecting the drive using USB 2.0. Windows cannot identify the new hardware. Under device manager it has one of the yellow question marks. The drive has been formatted and partitioned. If it's a driver I need I can't find one anywhere, and Lacie barely mentions the driver saying it's plug and play in their manuals, like Windows should just recognize it. Thanks.
My Disk has been formated.Not recognized by Windows.How can,I reset the USB.
Posted on Apr 06, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 09, 2014 | Hard Drives
Feb 25, 2014 | Western Digital My Passport Essential...
Oct 15, 2012 | Hard Drives
Aug 14, 2011 | Hard Drives
Try to refresh the USB ports.
1. Right-click My Computer icon on the desktop, and then select Properties.
2. Click the Hardware tab.
3. Click the Device Manager button.
4. Click the plus (+) sign to the left of Universal Serial Bus controllers.
5. Right-click the device listed under Universal Serial Bus controller and select Uninstall.
6. Click OK to confirm the removal of the device.
Please note, repeat Steps 5 and 6 until all the devices under Universal Serial Bus Controller are removed.
7. Shut down the computer.
CAUTION: Ensure that the Shut Down option is selected, instead of the Restart option.
8. Wait for 5 seconds and then restart the computer. When the computer restarts, a "Windows has detected new or added hardware" message window will open.
The above steps will refresh the USB ports.
Now connect the USB devices like mouse, video camera, your external usb hard disk...usb hubs...whatever you like and the drivers should install automatically.
Tip: It is always recommended to connect the main usb devices at the rear end usb port, as they require more power to initiate.
Apr 12, 2011 | Transcend StoreJet 25 Mobile 500GB USB 20...
Jan 15, 2011 | SimpleTech SimpleDrive Portable USB 2.0...
Jan 08, 2011 | Toshiba 250GB TOSHIBA USB 2.0 PORTABLE...
Jan 05, 2010 | Western Digital 500GB My Book World...
Sep 23, 2009 | Western Digital My Book Essential Edition...
Sep 10, 2009 | Western Digital My Book Home Edition 500...
334 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!