Question about Pioneer CDX-P1280 12-Disc CD Changer
I have a unit that has locked up with disc 4 still in the machine...I am not sure how to get the disc back into the 12 disc cartridge. It is locked up. No power getting to the unit, the unit is not showing up with my reciever. I have a Pioneer DEH-P560MP Premier reciver in the dash and the CDX-P1280 unit in the trunk. I have a dodge intrepid 2000. Any thought on if this could be a fuse issue? Who do you go to for repair for these units or are they disposable? Toss it and get a new one? How do I get the CD's out?
THIS UNIT HAS A SEPERATE TWO WIRE PLUG AT THE BACK OF THE CHANGER WHICH POWERS IT, MAKE SURE THERE IS 12VOLTS GETTING TO IT
Posted on Dec 06, 2007
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 03, 2014 | Brother HL5350DN Laser Printer
Jan 09, 2012 | Brother MFC 7840W Printer
Jan 28, 2011 | Brother HL4040CDN Duplex Unit
Brother strongly recommends that customers do not use
generic drum unitsand/or toner cartridges, or refill their Brother toner
cartridge. Each Brother laser printer is designed to work at pre-set
temperatures that are matched exactly to each of our individual toner
formulations. Each individual component is designed to work with the other to
ensure quality and reliability. Using non-Brother supplies may affect the
Verify the message displayed on the LCD.
Warning: If you just used the machine some parts inside the
machine are extremely hot.
1. Pull the paper tray completely out of the machine.
2. Pull the jammed paper out of the paper tray opening. If
you are unable to remove the jammed paper continue to STEP 3. If you are able
toremove the jammed paper continue to STEP 9.
3. Open the front cover. If you cannot open the front cover,
do not useextra force. See below for further assistance.
4. Pull out the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly. The
jammed papermay be pulled out with the toner cartridge and drum unit assembly,
or removing the drum and toner assembly may release the paper so you canpull it
out of the paper tray opening.
a. If you are able to remove the drum assembly and jammed
paper continueto STEP 5.
b. If you cannot remove the drum unit and toner cartridge
assembly easily, do not use extra force. See below for further assistance.
5. Place the drum unit on a drop cloth or large piece of
disposable paper to avoid spilling and scattering the toner. Hold down the blue
lock lever on the left side of the drum assembly and lift the toner out of the
drum unit. Examine the drum carefully for small pieces of paper that may be
6. Reinsert the toner cartridge in the drum unit until it
clicks into place. If you put it in properly, the lock lever will lift
7. Place the drum unit and toner cartridge back into the
machine. Use equal pressure on both sides of the drum unit when pushing it back
into place. Make sure it clicks into place.
8. Close the front cover. Make sure it clicks into place.
9. Remove any remaining paper in the paper tray and then
reload it. The tray can hold up to 250 sheets of 20lb paper. Do not over fill
the tray.There is a maximum paper mark located on the top of the right and left
paper guide. It looks like a V cut out in the plastic. Fan the stack of paper
well to avoid paper jams or misfeeds.
NOTE: If you are using special paper and the machine has
problems feeding it from the paper tray, try the paper again using the manual
10. Put the paper tray firmly back into the machine and
unfold the output paper tray support flap before using the machine.
11. Turn the Brother machine around with the back of the
machine facing you.
12. Open the back cover.
13. The black plastic inner chute should spring open
automatically when the back cover is opened. Note: The inner chute has a
diagram on it of a piece of paper being removed from the unit.
14. If there is paper inside the machine carefully remove
15. Close the back cover. NOTE: The inner chute will close
automaticallywhen the back door is closed.
16. To test, print the Help List:
a. Press the REPORTS key located on the right side of the
b. Press the up or down arrow key until Help list appears on
c. Press Menu/Set. The report should begin printing.
Thanks an good luck
Nov 27, 2010 | Brother MFC-7220 All-In-One Laser Printer
Nov 08, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP240 All-In-One InkJet...
1. Make sure that the power is turned on, and open the Paper Output Tray.
2. Lift the Scanning Unit (Cover), then hold it open with the Scanning Unit Support on the right side.
The FINE Cartridge Holder moves to the replacement position.
3. FINE Cartridge.
(1) Pinch the tabs and open the Ink Cartridge Locking Cover.
(2) Remove the FINE Cartridge.
4. Prepare the new FINE Cartridge.
(1) Take a new FINE Cartridge out of its package and remove the orange protective tape gently.
5. Install the FINE Cartridge.
(1) Put a new FINE Cartridge in the FINE Cartridge Holder.
The Color FINE Cartridge should be installed into the left slot and the Black FINE Cartridge should be into the right slot.
(2) Close the Ink Cartridge Locking Cover to lock the FINE Cartridge into place.
Push down the Ink Cartridge Locking Cover until it clicks.
(3) Confirm that the Ink Cartridge Locking Cover is closed correctly.
(E) Closed correctly
(F) Not closed correctly (the cover is tilted)
6. Lift the Scanning Unit (Cover) slightly to set the Scanning Unit Support back to its original position, and gently close the Scanning Unit (Cover).
Oct 05, 2010 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
Jun 15, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Dec 04, 2009 | Brother Office Equipment & Supplies
373 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: