Re: Sansa Media Converter doesn't find my device (c240)
Ok, after much gnashing of teeth, it turns out my R and many folks v2 players need the Media Converter V2 software.
The back of your player has the model number if it has a v2 after it you probably need the v2 of the converter software.
I can't confirm it, but I think the big clue is that in your settings on the player, you will not have the USB Mode in the Settings menu, just a "Mode" option.
I don't know where to officially get the v2 of the converter software, but here is a link to it I found on a forum, clamWinAV said it was virus free, but obviously who knows, but I ran it on my machine and it sees my player just fine:
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hook up your Sansa MP3 player to your computer with the USB cord. This cord has one flat end that inserts right into the bottom slot of the player. The other squarish end goes into your computer's USB port.
Choose "Sansa Media Converter" from the options that pop up automatically when you complete the connection to your player. Find media that you want to convert to your MP3 player by clicking on the "Add Media" button in the converter. Once you have the media you want in the box, click "Convert" to convert the media and download it to your player
The Media Converter software will only recognize certain video types for conversion.
p.20 of manual:
Sansa Media Converter software lets you convert photos and videos as appropriate,
and then transfer them to your Sansa player. Sansa Media Converter offers
features such as cropping, rotating, and resizing before transferring them to your
player as well as the ability to transfer photo and video files to your microSD card.
Refer to the Sansa Media Converter software for file formats supported.
To transfer photos and videos to your Sansa player, follow these steps:
1. Connect the Sansa player to your computer.
2. Select Converter using Sansa Media Converter on initial connection.
3. Click Add Media to select photo or video files to be converted.
4. The Sansa Media Converter will store all converted files in My Album. Click
the Album Name box and type in the name you want.
5. Click to start the conversion process. A status box will appear
showing which file(s) are being converted.
To transfer photos to your Sansa c240:
1. Open Sansa Media Converter on your PC
2. Connect Sansa c240 to the computer.
The detected Sansa c240 will list the available space and total space on the device. If more than one
device is inserted, only the first device will be supported.
3. Add the media files to be converted and transferred to the device.
4. Press “Convert” button to start the conversion process and transfer all of the files in the selected
media window and output them using the parameter setting for each media type. A convert status
box will appear showing which file(s) are being converted and the percentage of that file along with
all of the files.