I have a Kac-x301. I turn on the stereo the amp turns on then I hear the fuses pop? I checked my ground(good) and tried another amp with same hook-up wires(fine). So I conclude it has to be something with the amp??? Please help, I'm scratching my head. Justin
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
your either overloading something cause that's what pops fuses. My guess is that what your plugging in or into has a ground issue. I'm wondering if it does it with nothing plugged in at all. I would say if you have nothing in and it does it, you need to find where the ground issue is. that's my best guess
Most likely a bad ground connection, clean up where the ground is connected to the vehicle, check the power wire connections too, if that doesn't help route the ground wire to either the chassis or the battery to get a lot better connection, also possibly if you have the amp on full gain (max power) it may be getting a surge from your vehicle which means turn to down a little or get a capacitor.
Are you using the correct fuse? if so,
more then likely, you don't have a good ground. Try grounding to something else that has more direct connection to your frame. If that doesnt work, try getting larger power cables.
I had the same problem with my 2500w xplodes all I had to do was get a thicker cable for the ground and battery connection. What was happening, was it was needing more power then the wire and fuse could handle, so it would blow the fuse, since the higher you have it, the more power it needs to feed the watts.
I would try grounding it directly to the frame on a good part of the frame before spending another $70 on new power cables though.
Here are the troubleshooting steps for fuses blowing.
1) Remove all wiring except ground, power and remote and see if the amp powers up without blowing the fuses. If it does, the problem is in the input cables or speaker wiring.
2) The use of loudspeaker impedances below the recommended minimums will cause the amp to draw excessive current - check.
3) A shorted or grounded RCA cable may cause the fuses to blow - check. 4) If an amplifier fuse blows continually, with only +12 volt, ground and remote leads connected, the amplifier is probably defective, most likely shorted output MOSFET's. In this case the amp needs professional repair or replacement.
My first adivse is to check to make sure there are no power to ground shorts or any shorts for that matter. Then, a possibility would be if you have too small of fuses. Make sure you put the correct fuses in in amp according to the manufacturer's specs and the fuse under the hood should be size of your fuses on your amp added up plus a little extra. Meaning if you have 2 25A fuses on your amp then you probably want around a 60A. What ever you do don't put bigger fuses in the amp than the manufacturer specifies or you will cause damage if something gets shorted. Another possibility is that you could have the speaker impedence too low and the amp isn't stable at the impedence you have it at. I hope I could help. Let me know if you need me to specify more. Good luck
Sounds like the amp is shorting somehow. You are obviously shorting out somewhere between the battery and the amp. Are you sure you grounding location is a good one? is the fuse blowing only when you turn the stereo on? Something is not hooked up correctly.
If the fuse at the battery is blowing then it's a short.
If the fuse on the amp is blowing then its probably a bad amp.
Check for shorts to ground in the speaker wiring, the speakers themselves, total Impedance, especially woofers. Proper size power and ground wire and all connections. Use a Ohmmeter or find a friend with one that knows how to use it, If all else fails RMA . Good luck, sumthin
If your speakers are wired for an impedance below 4 ohms mono or 2 ohms stereo, that would make it shut off. If you have a speaker wire shorted to ground, it would also cause the amp to go into protection.
If the speakers are not the problem, it may be shutting down because the voltage at the amp is dropping too low.