Bought a mobo for my dell b130 laptop. I turn the power button on and it shuts off after about 4 or 5 seconds. I greased the processor. It does not stay on long enough for the heatsink to even get warm. What could be the problem>
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Take the battery off completely and drain the flea power from the laptop by holding down the power button while the battery is off. Hold down the power button for about 15-20 seconds to ensure no power remains on the laptop. Check if your battery has a drain button too. Drain the battery and place it back on the laptop.
Charge it for about 30 minutes before you turn it on. See if it works.
Post here if you need further help.
Yes, this is a power switch that is not working properly and neeeds replacement. Contact your Dell manufacturer and see if it can be repaired. I not familiar with the B130 but I have worked on some other Dell models and they seems to have the same issue for power on . the micro switch just gives out and the switch usually has to be replaced.
1.have u tried using a new charger? or atleast borrow someone's charger for the same model and try
2.how bad is ur battery. if it is ok enuf to start the system can u try that once
3. try removing the battery pack and disconnect the cable for power and press down the power ON button for 30 seconds and then replace just the charger and then start the machine keep the battery aside
4. did ur niece have to yank the cable out when she finished using the computer? maybe the joint where the connector had to go in was broken
5. was there any reason for voltage fluctuation(lightning rain etc)
maybe the junction where the power reaches the motherboard was burnt
6. If all these are fine then ur voltage controllers must have blown.
4 and 5 can be rectified if u have soldering experience... 6th one needs more better tech support and most chances are when u get to a techie he would ask u to replace the mobo
As you cannot power up I cannot see it being an AVG problem although it seems strange that it happened after you installed it.
As you needed to download an anti virus prog because you thought you had some then we will presume you were on the internet unprotected. A big mistake!!!
If you have a virus/trojan stopping your system from starting then you need to download the following on another PC and burn to disc. You must also make sure you laptop is connected to the internet or follow the instructions on the website below.
If this does not work then it is a problem with your laptop.
Here's the link full instructions and download here (at the bottom of the instructions.)
Connect an external monitor to the laptop and see if you can see what is happening on that.
It is a possibility that your inverter is faulty and will need to be replaced. They will normally power on for a few seconds, then cut out.
Remember to set the laptop to use the external monitor with the function keys.