Re: REGARDING UNLOCKING OF DVP 3028 REGION CODE C1
1st: Start the DVD player, make sure there is no CD/DVD inside. 2nd: Bring up the System Menu. 3rd: Go to Preferences, press 138931. 4th: Use the Up/Down arrow keys to select the region 0 .
5th: Exit the screen.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. Power ON the DVD player with no disc inside 2. Goto SETUP and go to Preferences 3. With preferences highlighted, Press NEXT CHAPTER>', PREVIOUS CHAPTER '<, NEXT CHAPTER>', PREVIOUS CHAPTER '< 4. The OSD will show the current Region Code 5. Press the Navigation Up or Navigation Down buttons to select your desired region, or 0 for region free 6. Press OK to confirm your region selection
This player is relatively easy to change to region free. Please complete all of the steps below to unlock your DVD player.
Please note: Unlocking any DVD player may invalidate the warranty. Unlock sequences may not work with some firmware updates and some DVD players have been damaged through failed attempts to unlock them. Unlocking your DVD player is done at your own risk.
Unlock sequence for the Philips DVP 3020:
1. Switch on your TV and DVD player; 2. Make sure the TV is set to the correct input for the DVD player; 3. Remove any disc from the DVD player and close the disc tray; 4. Press the "SETUP" button on the DVD player remote control; 5. Use the LEFT/RIGHT arrow keys to highlight "PREFERENCE"; 6. Enter 1 3 8 9 3 1 using the numerical keys on the Philips DVD remote control;
A pop-up menu will appear on the TV screen.
7. Use the UP/DOWN arrow key and choose "0" for all regions;
That's it. You should now be able to watch DVDs from all regions on your player. It is also a good idea to switch the player to standby and then switch it back on before trying any discs.
This is a verified unlock sequence for the Philips DVP 3020. If it doesn't work the first time, switch the power off and start again at step 1. If it still doesn't work, it is likely that you have updated your Firmware to a new version and this unlock sequence does not work with your firmware version
If you need further assistance, please reply to me from within this page and let me know which firmware version you have installed in your DVD player.
1. Go to Setup.
[from remote] 2. Select the Preference Page.
3. Press 1, 3, 8, 9, 3, 1 on the Philips DVD Player remote.
--> It will show current region code [ for example 5 ] 4. Now Press the up/down key to select "0" which makes it region free.
5. Press ok and exit setup.
Probably the same would be applicable for 3258, 3268, 3986.
The unlock method should work for DVD players bought in regions 1 (USA) and 3 (south East Asia)
You need to use a One4All Universal remote for regions 1 & 3
1. Switch on the player 2. Pop open the CD compartment 3. Enter the following code (using the remote): 2812 4. Highlight the region 5. Change to 9 (for Multi-region) using the 'Enter' button 6. Hit 'Clear' to exit