Question about Vicks V3100 1.2 Gallon Humidifier
I lost my manual for the Vicks V3100. I bought a new filter today and installed it. I need to know how to clean the filter when it needs it.
This is the link to your manual.
1. Turn switch to OFF position and unplug the cord from wall outlet.
2. Lift the Water Tank from Base. Carefully remove the Water Tray from the base being
careful not to damage the delicate Wicking Filter. Empty excess water from the Water Tray
without removing the Wicking Filter. Remove the Tank Cap and drain any water from the
Water Tank. Rinse the Water Tank with lukewarm water after each use. Wipe accessible
surfaces of the Water Tank and Water Tray clean with a soft, damp cloth.
3. Do not immerse the Base in water. For storage, wipe dry with a soft, clean cloth. Keep
water away from the Air Outlet.
4. Do not leave water in the Water Tank or Water Tray when unit is not in use as it may
result in the build up of mineral deposits and bacteria that can inhibit the output
efficiency of the humidifier. Please note that if water remains in the Water Tank for more
than a day or two, bacterial growth is possible.
5. Replace Water Tray with Wicking Filter. Then replace the Tank. Humidifier is now ready for
1. Remove the Water Tank and empty any remaining water from the Water Tank.
2. Turn switch to the ON position, either low or high speed, and operate Humidifier until the
Wicking Filter is thoroughly dry.
3. Turn switch to the OFF position and unplug the cord from wall outlet.
4. Remove Wicking Filter from the Water Tray by carefully lifting straight up taking care not to
5. Remove the Water Tray from the Base. Fill Water Tray with undiluted white vinegar. Let
stand for 20 minutes.
6. Dampen soft, clean cloth or sponge with undiluted white vinegar and wipe out Water Tray
to remove scale. Do not use soap, detergents or abrasive cleaners.
7. Rinse the Water Tray thoroughly in clean warm water or put in top shelf of dishwasher to
remove scale and vinegar before disinfecting the Water Tray.
Disinfecting the Water Tray and Tank
1. Fill tank with 1 teaspoon of household bleach in 1 gallon of water. Let stand twenty (20)
minutes, shaking vigorously every few minutes, drain and rinse with clean water until the
bleach smell is gone. Dry with a clean cloth or paper towel.
2. Wipe the Water Tray with a soft cloth dampened in the bleach and water solution. Rinse
the Water Tray thoroughly or place in dishwasher before proceeding.
3. Wipe all exterior surfaces of the Base with a soft, dry cloth. Do not immerse the Base in
water or use water to clean the base. An electric shock may result or the humidifier may
Hope this helps.
Posted on Apr 18, 2008
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 09, 2016 | Vicks V3100 1.2 Gallon Humidifier
May 14, 2010 | Vicks V3100 1.2 Gallon Humidifier
Feb 27, 2010 | Vicks V3100 1.2 Gallon Humidifier
Feb 09, 2010 | Vicks Humidifiers
Jul 01, 2009 | Vicks V3100 1.2 Gallon Humidifier
Jun 16, 2009 | Vicks V3100 1.2 Gallon Humidifier
Mar 08, 2009 | Vicks V3100 1.2 Gallon Humidifier
Apr 18, 2008 | Vicks V3100 1.2 Gallon Humidifier
Sep 11, 2007 | Vicks V3100 1.2 Gallon Humidifier
Nov 06, 2014 | Vicks V3100 1.2 Gallon Humidifier
838 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: