Question about E-Machines eMachines Desktop PC
My eMachine desktop will not turn on. We have tried different outlets, and it won't work in any of them. It is about 3 years old.
Unplug the power cords and let it sit for about 5 to 10 min. just like the cable box sometimes the brains have to be reset than make sure all plugs a lined up and tight .
Hope this gets ya back on line.
Posted on Dec 01, 2007
1) Wont turn on at all:
- Test the power outlet with some other electric device for energy.
- be sure the power cable to the back of the CPU is well tighten in place. Take it out and look for burnt smell or signs. If not sure try pushing it in and try to turn computer on, try moving it firmly to all directions and try to turn it on to see if the CPU give you life signals or an easier way is to use the monitor power cable if compatible. If you get a intent to turn on from your CPU the is most likelly you have to change the power cable.
- If nothing of previous work, you may have a burnt CPU power supply that would cause other damages in your computer depending on the damage. Very often the protections into the power supply block any power line peaks to save the mainboard so you can try to shift power supplies or buy a new one though theres no warranty non any other part of your PC is broken also.
2) Wont show anything on screen, you can hear sounds from the CPU. the keyboard leds turn on, any CPU leds turn on;
- Check for loosen video conector.
- Bended or broken pins on video conector.
- Any loosen card, ram module, conectors inside the CPU (to check into the CPU body you need tools and this can void any warranty)
Posted on Dec 01, 2007
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 19, 2016 | eMachines MB.NBK09.003 Motherboard El1850...
May 10, 2011 | eMachines ET1161-07 Desktop PC
Nov 23, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Sep 04, 2009 | E-Machines eMachines Desktop PC
Jul 16, 2009 | E-Machines eMachines Desktop PC
Nov 08, 2007 | E-Machines eMachines Desktop PC
157 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!