After or while cooking a potato the whole system seems to have turned off. Nothing is working. I have checked my cerket box, the ground fault switch, unplugged it and replugged it and nothing. Is there a fuse inside the unit somewhere? It acts like that is what could be wrong with it.
Yes,unplug the unit ,remove the outer case ,follow the plug inside to the fuse ,read the amperage ,test the fuse with an ohm meter should read shot or 0 ohms if not replace whit same type and amperage,
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
hi Judy. Put in the large pot as you peel and slice so they don't turn brown. Be sure water covers the potatoes by 2 inches, on medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce to medium-low heat, cook the potatoes for 20 minutes until the potatoes are soft and fork tender. Turn off the heat, and drain well in a colander.24 Nov 2015
If autocook is not working and everything else it, there is an issue with the sensor in the oven that detects the steam, The emission of steam is what triggers that unit to shut off. If it wont cook on any settings then the issue is with the microwave generator not putting out enough power. This could be from a lot of things.
if out of warranty you can try a simple "fix" . some microwaves are made with a simple fuse on the inside of casing- should be able to remove cover with 4-6 screws and then locate fuse- DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING ELSE! If in doubt replace the whole thing.
PS- if dusty inside ,use canned air(for computers or cameras)
There is an internal cooling fan. Sounds like your s has failed and its thermal cut out is turning it off. Take it for professional repair. You can't open microwaves as they have special security screws, plus there is high voltage and dangerous compounds plus the radiation itself.
We had the same problem with our brand new Magic Chef. Before going through the trouble of taking it back I called Home Depot. After talking to a Home Depot Rep I am told that the overheat sensor is under the glass plate directly beneath the popcorn bag. Popcorn gets very hot and the heat of the popcorn causes the sensor to shut the machine down. I would imagine this would be the same for a baked potato.
Very poor design.
I was told to put a microwave safe plate down and put the popcorn bag on it. This should help to reduce the heat and not trip the sensor.
A safety sensor is great, but not if it keeps tripping the machine and shutting down!
Chances are the magnetron overheated and blew the thermostat / thermal cutout that monitors it. The magnetron itself may be bad, too.
If Sears Service might consider this still under magnetron warranty, then they may replace the mag with no part costs (or just the thermal cutout part cost), but likely would charge labor.
You can contact customer service or repair via http://www.sears.com
Otherwise, if you or a friend decide to work on it, we have *critical* safety and disassembly info at our site, which is linked at our listing here on FixYa: http://tinyurl.com/yzjozk
You can find helpful exploded view diagrams and order parts by entering your base model number (without the suffix) here: http://www3.sears.com or likely cheaper here: http://tinyurl.com/gv383