Question about Polaroid FLM-4234BH 42 in. LCD HDTV
It seems to be a bad power supply and you will need to have this replaced in order to get it working
Posted on May 12, 2009
I turn on my Tv and only last 6 min then, he sceen is black an the blue ligth is on and only i can hear the channel what can i do?
Posted on Nov 13, 2008
Sybill change tv input
Posted on Dec 26, 2007
I have the same problem, very unreliable, just tried solution posted on this board and it worked. Turn on - while LED Bliinks push the channel button - also tap back a few times not too hard not too soft - possible problem(s) here, as suggested on tyhis board, capacitors (sic?), poor soldering connection, (In which case tapping might make it worse, but if you have no pic, nothing lost nothing gained), good luck, repair work suggested at about 200 bucks on this board.
Posted on Mar 02, 2008
It worked. I replaced the two bad capcitors on the control board and presto. Thank you for solving this. I just about threw away my expensive HDTV, but for only 20 bucks it now works. I hope we can let more people know.
Posted on Oct 16, 2008
Here's the fix:
I had the same problem with mine. Replaced the capacitors and now it works. When you open the back of the tv up, the problem is with the 2 capacitors on the upper left of the top card. Mine didn't look damaged except for a very, very slight bulge on the top. If you've never soldered anything, you might want to take it to someone who has, otherwise, it's a pretty simple fix. I was surprised I could do it so easily.
If the warranty is still good, make Polaroid replace it. They make shoddy products and should pay for it. And never buy another Polaroid again.
Posted on Oct 30, 2008
1) Take the foot off the stand and with a long philips screwdriver remove the single screw that is at the top of the leg (inside leg). Then with the tv facing down lift straight up on the leg.
2) remove the two screws comming from the back of the tv along the bottom edge.
3) With the tv face down on a soft surface ( towel, bedspread, ect).
4) Be carefull with this step it this tv gave me some difficulty and I am experianced with this proceedure. Too much pressure or forcing it too hard will break your case. The back of the tv has a lip which inserts into the face.The face has tabs that lock into slots in the lip of the back. Carefully pry between the face and back pannel (I used my thumbnail and a 1" plastic putty knife.) and slide along the seam until the locking tabs pop loose. Continue sliding your instrument along the seam until all tabs are loose.
5) The back of the tv lifts off of the face leaving all electronics in the face of the tv.
That gets you into the tv. what you do from there is up to you, Good luck;)
Posted on Mar 19, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 16, 2011 | Polaroid TLA-04011C 40 in. LCD TV
Jan 22, 2011 | Polaroid TDA-03211C 32 in. LCD HDTV
Jul 13, 2010 | Polaroid FLM-3734B 37 in. LCD HDTV
Nov 28, 2009 | Polaroid FLM-323B Television
Nov 05, 2009 | Polaroid 3211TLXB 32 in. LCD Television
May 12, 2009 | Polaroid FLM-323B Television
May 07, 2009 | Flat Panel Televisions
Apr 17, 2009 | Polaroid TLA-04011C 40 in. LCD TV
Apr 08, 2009 | Polaroid FLM-4034B 40 in. LCD HDTV
Dec 29, 2008 | Polaroid FLM-3734B 37 in. LCD HDTV
571 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: