Question about Hoover U8171-900 / U8172-900 / U8173-900 / U8174-900 Savvy Bagless Upright Vacuum
How do you get to the other end of the belt from the agitator? The belt seems fine and not too stretched, but the agitator does not spin when we have the vacuum on. Please help. I went to hoover.com and there wasn't any diagram of how to get to that area of the vacuum.
You probably jammed the roller brush and the gears on the motor stripped the teeth out of the drive belt. You have to take the bottom and the top covers off the lower unit to replace the belt. There is a hidden screw that keeps you from taking off the top, thus creates work for authorized Hoover repair shops. You'll find that screw under the round red label in the center of the top of the lower section. Peel it up and there is the screw.
Posted on Apr 16, 2008
You do know when you lift the vacuum up the agitator will stop. I Lean it on it's side with the foot pedal pressed down and see if it's turning. There is a safety feature on the vacuum that shuts the agitator off when you lift the vacuum up.
Posted on Jan 01, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 08, 2015 | Hoover Vacuums
Hi! Below are step-by-step instructions on how to change the belt on your U5057930.
1. Place handle in operating position and turn cleaner over so bottom side is up.
2. To remove bottom plate, insert end of flat screwdriver into wide area of right-hand slot and push handle of screwdriver to the rear.Repeat in left-hand slot.
3. Lift extension of bottom plate, rotate plate and remove from cleaner body.
4. Remove agitator and broken agitator belt.
5. Slip agitator through new belt. (With lettering toward outside of cleaner) and position belt in belt guide. Push end of belt into opening in cleaner body. Reposition agitator making sure to align flat sides of projection on belt end of agitator with flat sides of slot in cleaner body.
6. Place the three tabs on bottom plate into slots in front of cleaner body. Snap bottom plate into place over agitator.
7. Remove hood by turning cleaner over and removing nozzle control knob on front of hood -- grasp knob and pull up.
8. Place handle in operating position and turn cleaner over. Insert end of flat screwdriver into one of the four slots beside an arrow on bottom of cleaner.
9. For slots nearest the rear wheels, push handle of screwdriver toward cleaner handle; for remaining two slots, pry outward to release latches.
I0. Turn cleaner over and lift off hood.
Il. Stretch new belt onto motor pulley.
Extra effort may be required to stretch new belt onto pulley.
Turn agitator, making sure the belt is not pinched between agitator and cleaner body. The belt must rotate freely inside the belt guide. If agitator does not turn, remove bottom plate and reposition belt in belt guide. Hope this helps. If you have further questions feel free to reach out to us hear on Fixya!
Aug 02, 2014 | Hoover Vacuums
Jun 21, 2011 | Hoover Tempo Widepath Upright Vacuum -...
Mar 13, 2010 | Hoover Vacuums
Jul 02, 2009 | Hoover U8171-900 / U8172-900 / U8173-900 /...
Apr 12, 2009 | Hoover U8145-900 Savvy Bagless Upright...
May 26, 2008 | Hoover U8145-900 Savvy Bagless Upright...
Apr 07, 2008 | Hoover U8171-900 / U8172-900 / U8173-900 /...
492 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: