Hi, my icemaker produces ice and when I am trying to dispense the ice, you can hear the dispenser running, but the ice does not dispense. It appears the flap does not open. Please advise how to repair this issue.
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones). click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Jul 1, 2013 - Uploaded by ApplianceVideo.com
Ice maker is not dispensing - Checking auger motor & icebucket - Maytag, Whirlpool MSD2550VE502 ... Don't like this video? Sign in to ... The Geek - Maytag French Door IceMaker Replacement - Duration: 25:28.
I can think of two possible problems. The ice has frozen together and will not allow the ice screw to push the ice out the dispenser. Or the motor for the ice screw is broken.
1. Shut off icemaker with lever at icemaker
2. Remove ice container (either throw away ice or save in another container).
3. Put back empty ice container.
4. Leave ice maker off for about an hour.
5. After an hour , check if motor is working by trying to dispense ice. You should not expect any ice but you should hear the motor /auger moving.
A) If you do not hear any thing , you need to get your motor replaced.
B) If you hear the motor , mostlikely you had an ice dam which prevented the ice dispense from working..You can turn you icemaker on.
I understand that your icemaker is not dispensing ice in your Frigidaire refrigerator. I would recommend checking the dispenser chute, if there is a blockage of ice within the chute it would not dispense. When you press on the dispenser do you hear a noise? If you do that could be the auger trying to push the ice out, if you do not hear a noise it sounds like it be a potential problem with the dispenser or control panel. I would seek assistance from a technician to come out and properly diagnose your refrigerator. I hope this helps. -Matt
Could be blocked up in the shute. remove all ice from the freezer and check that the ice shute (leading to the dispenser outlet) is clear. Let the freezer create a batch of ice (normally about 4 to 5 hours) and see if it dispenses then. If not , it could be a failed auger motor. That is the main corkscrew looking drive which pulls the ice into the shute. Check the icemaker in the freezer, and look for a button on the side or underneath the icemaker. Most manufacturers put one there to test the icemaker. Press the icemaker ice dispenser button and see or hear if the auger is turning.
Try and access the ice dispenser assembly and check from where the water is leaking. You would need to disassemble the ice dispenser and ice maker to check this. The ice dispenser is located in the upper portion of the freezer compartment. This assembly stores ice made by the icemaker and dispenses ice on demand from the door dispenser target switch.
1. Remove the upper ice bucket tray.
2. Slide out the ice dispenser assembly.
3. Remove the ice cube solenoid linkage Phillips head screw and slide the linkage back.
4. Remove the ice crusher cover Phillips head screws (2) and remove the cover.
5. With a pair of pliers, twist off the backing plate tabs located on either side of the crusher.
6. With 2 small flat-blade screwdrivers, unlock the ice crusher locking tabs located at either side of the ice crusher.
7. Lift the ice crusher out of the bucket.
8. Remove the ice crusher back cover.
9. Remove the locking ring from the ice crusher auger.
10. Remove the plastic nut with a pair of pliers by turning it clockwise.
11. Remove the spacers and blades. The blades are numbered for reassembly.
The icemaker is located in the upper rear of the freezer compartment and supplies ice to the dispenser tub.
1. Disconnect the icemaker cable connector.
2. Remove 1/4-in. icemaker mounting screws and slide out the icemaker.
This refrigerator is equipped with an Electronic Icemaker.
Hope this helps... Please post back if you need more information.
Does your unit have the cube size selection button inside of the ice maker door , if so is it lit up, if so is it on a cube selection. If not that is the reason the ice maker is not working because even though the unit is on the cube selection has not been made. This should solve your problem.
My icemaker stopped producing ice. We turned off the water line to it when we went on vacation for a week. We turned the water back on when we got home and since that time it won't produce ice. We can still get water from the door dispenser though.