Error occured while loading a new bin to viewsat xtreme
I am having difficulty with my computer serial port, while loading a new bin to my viewsat xtreme .Zquint appears then "Error occurred " msg appears. Null modem cable is original I follow all the instructions exactly as it is mentioned in the satellite forums. my computer configuration is celeron 633mhz with XP os. but if i use the same null modem cable with different computer its just loads fine. i have checked in the device manager com port is working fine, i uninstall and loaded driver as well as new driver, checked with all the comport # , use.changed baud rate too. no use , whats wrong with my computer? Any help is greatly appreciated
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. Load File(s) to your USB Flash Drive. (eg.. PFTAUSW-070911U.PGM) 2. Take USB Flash Drive and insert it into Viewsat Ultra USB Port (behind right side door flap) 3. Using remote Hit Menu. Then Go to System Information -> Receiver Upgrade and Hit OK
4. Go to USB and Hit OK. 5. You will now see a list of all the files located on your USB Flash Drive. Find the file you need to load. (eg. PFTAUSW-070911U.PGM) and select it and hit OK.
6. Your Receiver is now being upgraded. 7. It will come up showing you not to power off the unit. 8. Once it has finished the receiver will reboot and you have upgraded your Viewsat Ultra.
I have a VS2000 ultra which is currently on a AB switch with a Bell Satellite dish I am having frustration and difficulty getting any kind of transponder response to the viewsat! What am I doing wrong?
make sure the receiver is off using the switch on the back. connect serial cable.. open unloader program on computer, pick the bin you want to upload. click pc to stb.. after the slide bar appears turn of the viewsat... it should start to dl now.. wait.. when the computer says finished, don't turn off the viewsat yet. the viewsat will auto start.. if it doesn't wait till the software is finished ,, the screen will come back to a channel.. If no picture go and set up the antenna.