while i was running my ipod, suddenly it turned off although it was fully charged, i tried to reset, nothing happened.
I plugged it into my PC, it said the device is not properly formated, iTunes did not recognized it, so i can not restore it....
but i don't think it's dead cuz when plugged to the PC, the screen turned on white then grey, withs Bip bip bip sounds on and off but the Apple logo doesn't appear!!!!
help me please, wat can i do to fix it myself!!!!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hi, Bad news. Your screen is bad and needs replaced. Good news there are a number of companies that will fix that beside Apple. Bad news. It will cost about $60 unless you can do it yourself. Hope that helps.
Toggle the Hold switch on and off. (Slide it to Hold, then turn it off again.)
and hold the Menu and Center (Select) buttons simultaneously until the
Apple logo appears, about 6 to 8 seconds. You may need to repeat this
Tip: If you are having
difficulty resetting your iPod, set it on a flat surface. Make sure the
finger pressing the Select button is not touching any part of the click
wheel. Also make sure that you are pressing the Menu button toward the
outside of the click wheel, and not near the center. If the above
steps did not work, try connecting iPod to a power adapter and plug the
power adapter into an electrical outlet, or connect iPod to your
computer. Make sure the computer is turned on and isn't set to go to
- check the cable
- check the connections on the bottom of the ipod for bent pins, or dirt
- make sure ipod battery is fully charged
- if you have all your library backed up, reset ipod to factory. You will lost all settings etc. though.
- check usb ports are working properly with no conflicts or driver issues (control panel\system\hardware\device manager)
- uninstall usb ports on pc, let pc redetect them