Hi plz help me!! I have been successful in getting my younger sons psp connected thru my wireless internet connection. Great! BUT..... my eldest sons psp keeps throwing the above error code up saying: "connection with the server failed. A DNS error has occurred. (80410418) both have same firmware update All the settings are identicle. I am using a Netgear Wireless-G USB 2 adapter Its driving me crazy trying to get it on line and my son is gutted :( thanks for any help in advance
The same thing has happened to me.. I reset my psp completely! erased everything!! and still, the same bs dns error etc.
if you find a solution to the problem..
email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, thanx!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The error is caused of wrong setting on your psp. You need to know the settings stored on your router so that you will be able to connect you psp to the internet. I've listed the steps on how to get the information on your router and Connecting your psp to the internet.
How to access the Router: 1. You need to know the ipaddress of your router. You can refer to the manual or check the Default Gateway of your computer (Make sure that you connect the computer to the router using an ethernet cable for you to get the Default Gateway). Click on START then RUN. Type CMD on the small box on the lower left of the screen. Type IPCONFIG on the black window and get the value of your DEFAULT GATEWAY (it starts with 192.168.x.x)
2. Open a Browser, Type the DEFAULT GATEWAY on the address bar of your Browser. It will ask you for a username and password. (Refer to the manual of your router or post a reply so that i can provide you the username and password of your router)
3. Go to the Wireless Settings Page of your router. Look for the SSID or the Network Name and the Network Key or Passphrase. You can personalize it so that you can easily remeber the details.
4. Make sure you connect to your SSID and enter the Network Key to make it secure.
How to connect your PSP
1. Open Psp 2. Go to Network Settings 3. Go to Infrastructure Mode 4. New Connection (then select available connection) 5. Under Wlan Setting choose Enter Manually or Scan your SSID 6. SSID (Select your SSID)
7. Wlan Security Setting (WEP/WPA/WPA2) 8. Enter you Network Key
9. Test Connection Settings
and lastly Rate me if this helps so i can help others.
either ur connection is low in ur house or your too far away from the router sounds dumb but some houses weirdly have lower connection than others u might need to set ur dns manually if not try auto search it might help it sorry if it dont
you must know the dns address of your access point or wireless router you must creat new connection to psp scan and manual edit the primary dns and the dns address of your access point or your wireless router