Question about Epson LQ-2180 Dot Matrix Printer
Well the printer was working fine and after some time next day i got a message from my brother that the printer says i should specify the correct port to print to.
the computer is using win-98 and when i went to the printer properties i found out that the port was LPT1 and i tried all it was not working and when i tried after some time it told me that the printer had been put offline but still i could not even print a test page.
so after some time it was telling me that user intervation is needed.
i uninstalled the printer and installed it again and the same problem.
now it was telling me that i should put paper yet i had loaded paper in the printer and there were no problems of paper jam.
so when i try now to use another port it does work and tell me that i should lord the paper into the printer yet the printer has paper.
so i change the port to LPT0 and when it dint work i tried to put back LPT1 and now it tells me that it is an invalid port.
will be greatful to be helped.
thanks in advance
An Emulation driver will fix everyones problem... Do this:
1. Click on "Start", then "Control Panel" and then "Printers and Faxes".
2. In the left hand column choose the option "Add Printer". The "Add Printer Wizard" comes up, click on "Next".
3. At the "Local or Network Printer" screen choose "Local" and remove the check from "Automatically Detect".
4. Click on "Next".
5. At the "Select Port" screen choose the appropriate port (usually LPT1: recommended printer port).
6. At the install printer software screen choose "Epson" under "Manufacturer" and LQ-1050 for the printer, then click "Next". If you wanted to install the Windows universal driver, choose "generic" under "Manufacturer" and choose "Text Only", then click "Next".
7. At the printer name screen choose "Next".
8. When asked if you would like the printer to be default make the appropriate selections and then click "Next".
9. Finally click on "Finish". You may need your Windows XP installation disk.
Posted on Aug 22, 2008
SOURCE: EPSON LQ - 2180 paper settings
I HAVE CUSTOME SIZE OF PAPER WHICH IS NOT AVILABLE IN THE PRINTER LIST .WHEN I DEEL WITH WINDOS XP
BUT WHEN DEEL WIHTH WINDOS 98 ITS OK
NO I DONT HAVE WINDOS 98 . MY QUESTION HOW I CAN ADJUST PAPER TO CUSTOM SIZE
Posted on Nov 24, 2008
Hi Soulen , This link is very interest and useful for your type of printer : http://files.support.epson.com/pdf/lq2180/lq2180pg.pdf
and also for driver open this link : http://www.driverstock.com/Epson-LQ-2180-driver-download/23-26-3157-53410/index.html
Posted on Jan 22, 2009
if u use up tractor use down tractor or inverse the operation
coz your problem is in paper sensor in up or down printing
Posted on Feb 20, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 26, 2014 | Brother MFC-230c Printer
Feb 01, 2014 | Printers & Copiers
Jun 22, 2010 | Brother MFC-9420CN All-In-One Laser...
Jun 25, 2009 | Brother MultiFunction Center MFC-440CN...
Apr 02, 2009 | Brother MFC 6490CW InkJet Printer
Jan 04, 2009 | Brother HL-2170W Laser Printer
Jun 11, 2008 | Brother MFC 420CN All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 12, 2007 | Brother MFC-8500 All-In-One Laser Printer
459 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!