Question about DVD & Blu-Ray Players
After purchasing the above item from Dick Smith Electronics NZ and being assured that it was a "multi zone" I now discover that it needs a code to unlock it. The online help website www.philips.com brought me here.....
The fix on the DVP3120 was as follows. I don't know if this works on 3144 - would like to know.
1. Turn on the unit
2. Open the loading tray
3. Press the "Setup" button on the remote
4. Navigate to the "Preferences" page using the right arrow key
5. Enter 138931
6. You will now see the current region code displayed
7. Use the Up/Down arrow keys to select the region required or "0" for all regions
8. Press the "Play" button on the remote
Posted on Feb 15, 2008
As per solution 2...or follow this link:
Posted on Mar 19, 2008
1. Turn the unit on and open the tray. Take out any disc from the tray.
2. Enter the code 98790 on the remote and press Ok. The 0 on the end is the region. Eg to change it back to a region follow step 1 and enter the code 98794. 4 being the region code in this example.
3. To check the region code follow step 1 and enter the code 966.
Posted on Dec 23, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 22, 2011 | Sanyo HV-DX1E DVD Player/VCR
Apr 25, 2009 | Philips DVD & Blu-Ray Players
Nov 22, 2008 | BBK Electronics DVD & Blu-Ray Players
Sep 13, 2008 | Philips DVP5140 DVD Player
Jul 15, 2008 | DVD & Blu-Ray Players
Jun 28, 2008 | DVD & Blu-Ray Players
Feb 11, 2008 | Panasonic DMR-EH57 HDD Recorder Player
1,437 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!