Question about PC Laptops
my laptop does not detect external devices,mostly mp3 players.
Recently i bought creative zen v mp3 player ,and after installing software cd ,when i connected the player to laptop ,it showed that the system can not detect any device software ,and asked to insert the cd which came along with the player ,i did ,,but no response .
Initially i thought there might be problem with the player ,or it might not support vista ,but when i tried the same in another vista program laptop (HP) it worked ,and i even tried with other mp3 players like sony ,sanasa etc .
And i would like to mention that there was no problem while installing software from cd ,and the time i would connect player ,it shows no device software located ,,and it wont detect my player .
please,can you provide me with a solution .
Try reinstalling your usb ports.
1. goto desktop, right click on my computer and press manage.
2. goto the device manager, find the usb devices / ports.
3. Make sure you are useing a ps2 mouse / keyboard since if your mouse/keyboard is connected to usb they will stop working untill your pc is restarted and the devices are reinstalled.
4. Uninstall all usb devices.
5. after all usb devices are uninstalled reboot the pc.
If the problem is with your drivers ( your pc detects the mp3 player but no drivers found) Download the newest drivers for your product and operateing system from the vendors website.
Posted on Feb 11, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 13, 2013 | Sony VAIO VGN-N220E/W Notebook
May 15, 2012 | Sony VAIO VGN-N220E/W Notebook
Jan 13, 2012 | Sony VAIO VGN-N220E/W Notebook
Jan 07, 2010 | Sony VAIO VGN-N220E/W Notebook
Sep 01, 2009 | Sony VAIO VGN-N220E/W Notebook
Aug 20, 2009 | PC Laptops
Mar 21, 2009 | Sony VAIO VGN-N220E/W Notebook
Oct 28, 2016 | PC Laptops
110 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!