1. Insert your non-TMobile sim card 2. The phone display says "Enter the code". 3. On your Sidkick, press the "X" button. 4. You will see the menu. 5. Choose the left-up angle button. 6. Choose "setting"--->"network"--->"scan and select manually". 7. The phone will search for your network. 8. When your Sidekick finds your network, you can use the phone to make calls
When you say unlock it do you mean that you changed the network settings? because that is not really unlocking it. you still need a "special code" which so far I have only seen that you can get that by paying anywhere from 80 to 100 dollars for. or you could call T-mobile and ask them for it but you have to have had service with them for at least 3 months. sorry.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Once your SIDEKICK is unlocked - it will ONLY work for TEXT and CALLS - no data - however, did you know that there is a cheaper solution, called yessim - cost is about $45 and can work on many phones, and be programmed in case you change devices.
1) Insert the Cingular SIM card into the back of the T-Mobile Sidekick ID (it should be located behind the battery).
2) Turn on the Sidekick ID, wait for the screens to load.
3) When the screen says "Waiting for Activation", hold the top left button (the "Menu" button with the three lines) on the Sidekick ID and hold the letter "L" on the QWERTY pad at the same time. After a few seconds, let go of the buttons.
4) If Step 3 is done correctly, the Sidekick should be directed to the jumpscreen and display all of the Menu's of the Sidekick ID.
It's very important to remember that you will only be able to use the SMS features of the Sidekick. Meaning, that you will not be able to use the internet, email, AIM/MSN/Yahoo messengers, or any of the data features. You will only be able to use the phone to call or text.
no sidekicks have a diffrent net work the internet itself is powered by danger a difrent net work then all other internet phone and that doesnt work with att so ther for it will onli work for calls and text
ok...do u have T-Mobile???if so if you ahve had the account for 3
MONTHS you tell them that you are going to Europe for 2 weeks and you
need the unlock code so u can use it over there..they will give it to
you for FREE so u dont have to pay for it...btw the Sidekick 3 is for
T-Mobile and they lock their data side...so you might not beable to use
the internet on it if u put it on cingular
ok the way to do it this jus lets u use text and calls i got cingular and i used my sidekick to txt and call here wat u gotta do
1. out sim card in
2. start phone
it will tell u sim card locked it needs special code(the code u get to pay for) juys exit outta that get to the main menu
3.hit the top letf menu button and go all the way down to sim center if u dont allready have a sim pin then enter a new one if u have one change it then ur phone should go from the big X to some bars and a hollow phone icon after you do that hit the menu button again and go to network options then go down and hit (SCAN AND SELECT MANULLY) then chose what ever carrier you have i have at&t so i chose it after a few seconds the hollowed out phone icone should be colored in and u can now text and call
ok dis is wat u have to do (i only tested dis on cingular or at&t waveva u call it)
1.your sim needs a password
2.turn off ur sidekick 3
3.place ur cingular card in
4.turn on sidekick 3
5.itz gunna ask you for a special code ignore it
6. go to settings den sim center
7. if ur sim lock is disabled jus enable it
8.den change ur sin pin to wateva you want
9.once u change it you will signals bars go up
10.go 2 settings network options
11. press scan scan select manually
12. select ur network
13. and datz it your sim iz workin on sidekick 3
if u turn it off u will have 2 do da same process again
Try holding down Menu-jump to get to the emergency screen. Then hold down on menu-shift-Q and release. It will ask if you want to reset phone. IT WILL RESET AND DELETE EVERYTHING!!!!. It will be like new. Except sim. This works with sidekick 2, not sure with others.